2024 Baseball - Week 9: NC A&T (ESPN+); At East Carolina (ESPN+)

If they are like the ECU fans that I know, they probably don’t mention Charlotte because they are too busy talking about themselves. Come to think of it, I haven’t really heard much from my ECU friends since we went to GREENville and beat them in their homecoming football game!!

I can tell you this about the ECU fans I know, they loathe the fact that we are in the same league as them in football. When we used to wax them annually in basketball, they would say, “at least we have football.” We started football and are now 1-0 vs them. They would brag about stealing Mike Houston from us, but I haven’t heard much from them since Biff took a mediocre team down to GREENville and ruined their homecoming.

4 Likes

I don’t belittle our teams. I also don’t try to make us something we’re not.

Yeah, you’re right… We aren’t nearly good enough to be considered a “rival” with ECU or App…believe me, I actually take ZERO pride in even thinking we are a rival to App, especially.

Eh, not worth it….

1 Like

I think there’s a difference between ECU fans we all know in real life and ECU fans on the internet. The ones on the internet care…a lot. Social media will be crazy this weekend.

This, 100%.

I know Cole can keep us in the game, but after that…:pray:
Hope AJ gets a couple save opportunities against his former school !

2 Likes

Talked to a guy at the gym this morning and he asked how our team was. I told him that they are young and will likely struggle. Apparently he played football at ECU and knows the baseball coach. He is more frustrated that ECU struggles against Campbell than he was about potentially losing to us.

That’s because Campbell has their number. Ours too. :grimacing:

1 Like

Espn+ feed pregame showing one of their pitchers wearing a purple uni. :nauseated_face:

Not wearing them today, so that’s good.

There is almost nothing more frustrating in baseball than for your teams pitchers to literally not be able to throw strikes…im amazed that we average as many strikeouts as we do…down 11-0 in the 6th and we are hitless. We have walked 8 batters and hit 4, so far.

1 Like

Run ruled for the 3rd consecutive conference game and we make it even better by being on the wrong end of a no hitter…this team is not good and no, they dont appear to be getting any better…we dont pitch well, we dont hit well and dont play defense very well (too many infield errors).

1 Like

The little purple pirates finally have something to feel good about. That’s nice for them.

And that’s okay. I’m proud that they put on a Niners jersey.

We were only 8 games over .500 laat year with a roster that had what, 7 players sign pro contracts ? That still disturbs me more that this group not meaauring up.

Our starting pitching is just way inconsistent. Our hitting is also way inconsistent. Our defense is meh. This year is a rebuild. We are definitely not improving.

1 Like

Not improving in ANY phase of the game.

I called it: Bloodbath

clt is concerned for mr bo

1 Like