2024 Baseball - Week 9: NC A&T (ESPN+); At East Carolina (ESPN+)

A&T at home and then we travel to Top 10 ECU.

A&T has fared well vs some of our common opponents so I’m not sure what to expect tonight. Langhorne will get the start on the mound.

clt says 7-1 niners

1 Like

Niners 10-2. …thank goodness.

1 Like

That was a much needed win.

2 Likes

Good starts lead to good things. Best stuff we’ve seen from Langhorne. That guy has the talent to be a monster on the mound.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Reynolds, Carson, & TBD this weekend on the mound.

1 Like

It is going to be a big time college baseball atmosphere this weekend.

2 Likes

The little purple pirates finally have something to feel good about.

1 Like

clt says we beat them in fb and mbb, baseball is the only hope for ecu

1 Like

Im dreading this one, but hope to be pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

I’m predicting a bloodbath. No quarter given to us for the swashbuckling we gave them in fb and MBB. If they have the opportunity to run up the score, they will as high as they can. They’re very butthurt.

This weekend won’t change a thing either way. We are two different universities with different trajectories. And they know it. That’s why they get so bent out of shape.

“But hey, we gonna drink a bunch of beer and yell ARRRGGHHH all weekend! It’s a pirate party!”

OK

3 Likes

clt says we win 1 or 2 but don’t get the sweep

ECU people are very enthusiastic in their support. WHY? Damned if I know.

I’m not sure what to expect this weekend. I think we can get one, but anything beyond that will be a surprise. They are a Top 10 team for a reason.

We haven’t been able to consistently put it together much all season, but when we have put it all together, we look pretty good. We have also looked very bad at times.

This weekend would be a great time for us to put it all together.

3 Likes

I can understand why they are upset. This is the only thing they can hang on to and they should be excited about it. They have a very good program and are a Top 10 ranked team this year.

That being said, we’ve already won the series this year, and baseball is going for the sweep this weekend!!

Football:
CLT 10, @ECU 7 W

Basketball:
@CLT 67, ECU 52 W
CLT 82, @ECU 72 W

2 Likes

I know a lot of ECU folks and they never mention Charlotte. I kinda think them hating and resenting us is kinda made up by Charlotte folks trying to make themselves feel like we’re relevant to pretty much anything sports wise. App fans are in the same category.

1 Like

This sounds like how SOME of our fans claimed Cincy didn’t see us as a big rival either (back in the day), even though they printed up t-shirts with Diego’s face on them and ESPN had us playing them on Rivalry Week for several years in a row. Our own fans seem to LOVE to belittle our own teams.

3 Likes