2024 Football Recruiting Thread

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

This has gotten impossible to keep up with !
We need a spreadsheet :grin:

THESE ARE OFFERS NOT COMMITS

It’s normal for a team to offer scholarships to players in upcoming recruiting classes. Making a list should be for commits.

1 Like

Please forgive me…i had intention of being so stupid sir.

I don’t think any of them said they were anything but offers. No one said committed.

1 Like

I was going to do a list for offers, but frankly, it’s just too early and there are far too many. Just the nature of the beast. In the meantime, we will list them here, and you can also follow the recruit trackers at On3 and 247:

https://www.on3.com/college/charlotte-49ers/football/2024/offers/

Though we have offered several 4 stars already, I gotta say, on name alone, Umar Rockhead is my guy. And he plays OL/DL too.

michael fassbender perfection GIF

I definitely wasn’t complaining about the work you do. I appreciate all the time you spend in this thread. I love seeing that we are offering players for the next cycle. But making a list seemed silly because it could be over a hundred when it’s all said and done. A lot of work with not a lot of benefit. Offers are fickle, commitments matter.

Great job on this thread. I appreciate your diligence.

2 Likes

Just curious, are some of these offers from the Healy era?

Anything before Thanksgiving basically. Though it looks like Poggi’s staff has re-offered a few.

Seeing a lot of happy to receive my first d1 offer tweets here. Feels very lambert and Healy-esque.

Hopefully we win this year so that starts to change.

Yeah I only like seeing 1st offer if like 3 years out. Are they greasing the coaches, do they have a brother 1-2 years younger they are eyeing? Who knows. I guess it really depends on who offered at the end.

Flip side is evaluating them and realizing the end product and getting in early on them. It is all in the evaluation process and the rapport with the Coaches. With the type of players Biff coached at the HS level I trust the staff on this.