21 Assists....

I don’t recall the men ever having that many assists in a game. That’s pretty impressive. What’s more impressive is the way they share the ball and play as a team. This is a very young women’s team that has already put things together.

http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/011207aab.html

[B]Last season:[/B]
19 vs. Valparaiso (L)
20 vs. Davidson (W)
22 vs. UNC Asheville (W)
21 vs. Rhode Island (W)
18 vs. Temple (W)
20 vs. Fordham (W)
23 vs. Saint Louis (L)
20 vs. George Washington (L)

The 49ers record is 33 in a game I was fortunate to see against Maryland Eastern Shore (114-59) back in the 1976 NIT season.

[B]Rule 1: [I]Assists are judgemental. One stat crew may hand them out more readily than another.[/I]
Rule 2: [I]For an assist to occur, the receiver the the pass [B]MUST[/B] score a basket.[/I]

[SIZE=3]Rule 3: [I]Poor shooting = few assists.[/SIZE][/I][/B]

Do we – as in the men’s team – even have 21 assists for the ENTIRE 2006-07 season?! :rolleyes:

[Actually, with 140 assists after 14 games, that averages out to 10 per game.]

[QUOTE=run49er;210694]Do we – as in the men’s team – even have 21 assists for the ENTIRE 2006-07 season?! :rolleyes:

[Actually, with 140 assists after 14 games, that averages out to 10 per game.][/QUOTE]

I remember Colson had 18 assists by himself or something like that back in '97 or '98. I believe it was against Houston.

steve nash had 21 the other night against bronbron… Nash is one of the few good things to watch in that league.

Not to hijack this, and yes I know it won’t happen becuase it would cause mass confusion and changes to records, but, I’ve always felt that if you dish to someone who then gets fouled in the act of shooting, and makes the free throw(s), you should get an assist for that. Your pass did directly lead to your team scoring in that instance, it’s not your fault he got fouled (basically cheating). Of course that would result in half-assists if you only make one of two free throws, but still …

how many did the mens team get tonight?

16 assists on 24 field goals, nice percentage.