210 Students and 211 Family Zone

Ok, I spent the last 11 years sitting in section 216. But due to additions to the family, I decided to move to section 211 and try the cheaper Family Zone.

I’m now regretting my decision. I had my worst experience ever in Halton Saturday night. Some of the students in section 210 showed how classless they are by constantly screaming select 4 letter words at Bobby Lutz, as well as the players when things didn’t go Charlotte’s way.

I know they are college students and were having a good time and probably had too much to drink, and this was an intense game, but you are sitting beside the [B]Family Zone[/B] for crying out loud! Watch you mouth!

Does this go on whenever 210 is full of students, or was this a one time thing? If not, I’m going to have to move. My 3 year old likes to repeat everything he hears.

Ok, I spent the last 11 years sitting in section 216. But due to additions to the family, I decided to move to section 211 and try the cheaper Family Zone.

I’m now regretting my decision. I had my worst experience ever in Halton Saturday night. Some of the students in section 210 showed how classless they are by constantly screaming select 4 letter words at Bobby Lutz, as well as the players when things didn’t go Charlotte’s way.

I know they are college students and were having a good time and probably had too much to drink, and this was an intense game, but you are sitting beside the Family Zone for crying out loud! Watch you mouth!

Does this go on whenever 210 is full of students, or was this a one time thing? If not, I’m going to have to move. My 3 year old likes to repeat everything he hears.

I have sat in the Family Zone for 4 years now. I have never had a problem, except when me and S9er taunted App fans.

it was a one time thing, usually its just Niner fans, but if those tickets aren’t sold, they go into a general admission for big games.

if somone is being a punk with their cursing, grab a cop or yellow jacket and they’ll take care of it. Trust me.

[QUOTE=UniversityofCharlotte;364328]Ok, I spent the last 11 years sitting in section 216. But due to additions to the family, I decided to move to section 211 and try the cheaper Family Zone.

I know they are college students and were having a good time and probably had too much to drink, and this was an intense game, but you are sitting beside the [B]Family Zone[/B] for crying out loud! Watch you mouth!

Does this go on whenever 210 is full of students, or was this a one time thing? If not, I’m going to have to move. My 3 year old likes to repeat everything he hears.[/QUOTE]

I sat on the aisle between 210 and 211 and also heard the same things you heard. I also saw some idiot clemson fan sitting in our student section and there was almost a fight after the game. I don’t know how it started, but there definitely shouldn’t be fights right next to the family zone.

I would agree it’s probably a 1 time thing.

Had to explain some things to my 3 year old about not repeating things he heard.

Every time people got up to go somewhere…students grabbed their seats. When they got back, the students looked at them like they were entitled to those seats.

We skipped halftime hospitality just to not have to deal with it.

Had to explain some things to my 3 year old about not repeating things he heard.

Every time people got up to go somewhere…students grabbed their seats. When they got back, the students looked at them like they were entitled to those seats.

We skipped halftime hospitality just to not have to deal with it.

Students getting general admission seats leads to these issues. I sit in 220 and when I came down from the pregame, two students were in my seats and asked them to move (of course they took the towels with them). There were several other situations were students were sitting in pretty good seats in 220 and being asked to move when the ticket holders showed up. The athletic department needs to do a better job telling students what sections are for them and checking tickets, even in the upper levels, for big games like this.

It’s not just students, unless there are a lot of older students. A lot of folks just buy cheap seats and pick out better ones. The probably move 3 or four times before they find one they like and no one else shows up for it. The cheapskates can’t embarrass themselves. One guy even told us (my family) to take someone elses seats.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;364349]I sat on the aisle between 210 and 211 and also heard the same things you heard.[/QUOTE]

People who sit in the aisle probably hear a lot of bad langauge from people climbing the steps.

I know they are college students and were having a good time and probably had too much to drink, and this was an intense game, but you are sitting beside the Family Zone for crying out loud! Watch you mouth!

I was near the top of 211, and yea it was bad. From what a friend sitting with me who still attends school still, some were athletes. I’m not saying they’re the ones cursing but wearing your Charlotte/A10 garb and being around that is not something to associate yourself and the school with.

Guess this is what happens when you get so many “first timers” in The Arena.

I noticed at the bottom of 216 a couple of people (looked to be college age & Niners fans) were standing at the rail near the steps talking on their phones.

I was a slightly different angle, but they appeared to be irritating an older guy (don’t know for sure, but he did have grey hair) because he couldn’t see part of the court. He had to tell them repeatedly to move. Before leaving to their seats, behind this guy, one of them stopped to talk some crap to the guy who was just in his seat trying to watch the game.

It was minor, but I was just surprised that two people would be so ignorant about blocking people’s view…especially when they looking around while on their phones and not watching the game.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;364479]

I noticed at the bottom of 216 a couple of people (looked to be college age & Niners fans) were standing at the rail near the steps talking on their phones.

I was a slightly different angle, but they appeared to be irritating an older guy (don’t know for sure, but he did have grey hair) because he couldn’t see part of the court. He had to tell them repeatedly to move. Before leaving to their seats, behind this guy, one of them stopped to talk some crap to the guy who was just in his seat trying to watch the game.

It was minor, but I was just surprised that two people would be so ignorant about blocking people’s view…especially when they looking around while on their phones and not watching the game.[/QUOTE]

Witnessed this as well, it started earlier when the kids were in the “old man’s” (their words not mine) seats. The kids retaliation was to stand in front at the railing on his cell phone, and then come back and call the “old man” and a-hole. The kids arguement? “I’m a student”. It was an embarrassment.

We’ve had several students coming to the middle of the upper section of the alumni side and looking stupid when they were asked to move. If you’re going to the game, student or not, at least take the time to figure out where you are supposed to be sitting. There were some foreign students that sat in the seats in front of me at the UNCG game and started saving seats for their friends. Before he got too far, I informed him that the student seats were on the other side so that he and his friends still had time to get a decent seat. They were polite about it when I told them. Several others in the seats around me have been jerks when informed that they were in somebody’s seats, and acted like [B][I]you[/I][/B] imposed on [B][I]them[/I][/B].

[QUOTE=BleednGreen;364495]Witnessed this as well, it started earlier when the kids were in the “old man’s” (their words not mine) seats. The kids retaliation was to stand in front at the railing on his cell phone, and then come back and call the “old man” and a-hole. The kids arguement? “I’m a student”. It was an embarrassment.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for filling in the details. Too bad a few students feel the need to be asses. Taught my kids several years ago that some things are said during a game that have no place anywhere else.

The analogy was certain things can be said in the locker room around a bunch of guys but those same things are totally out of line around grandparents/aunts/uncles.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;364510]Thanks for filling in the details. Too bad a few students feel the need to be asses. Taught my kids several years ago that some things are said during a game that have no place anywhere else.

The analogy was certain things can be said in the locker room around a bunch of guys but those same things are totally out of line around grandparents/aunts/uncles.[/QUOTE]

Good call. Now, you’re covered even if you slip up when Scagliottamissedcalls calls An’juan for a charge on an airborne defender…

too bad we have to stoop as low as the app fans did wed night and to think its against our own team not the opposition

if you come sit in the family zone when we dont play clemson, you’ll probably have an entire section to yourself…yeah, if you come when there’s a sellout, you’re going to experience all kinds of different people. that’s what the event staff are there for, though, like metro said.

I used to curse all the time in the student section at High School Football games, but I had the sense not to if someone had their parents or little brother/sister near by. That’s just stupid to be cursing in front of families.
Some guy at App said that Charlotte could suck his D**8, & he was near kids from Charlotte & App. That’s just stupid.

[QUOTE=rangerwolfy;364545]too bad we have to stoop as low as the app fans did wed night and to think its against our own team not the opposition[/QUOTE]

What?

[QUOTE=thelew1014;364565]What?[/QUOTE]

People were swearing at our coach and our players. Read the first post.

glad someone understood me