2k starts the Marshall pregame chatpage

Line is out, we’re +13.5.

If SoMiss can beat these guys, so can we. Hopefully that defense from this weekend shows up and Cruz can get us 2 FGs.

Prediction: Charlotte 6, Marshall 3

Idk what to think anymore. When we play well, we are legit one of the best teams in CUSA East (which is not good).

Despite my personal feelings that lambo needs to go, I want us to play well, and I want him to make me eat crow. Give em hell. If D plays well we probably give up around 10-14. If Benny can run the ball we can score more than that.

I’ll go 20-14 NIners, and an exciting last couple of weeks.

13.5 is high I think. We’ve got to find some way to generate more in the passing game, if we can keep their D honest we’ll be on great shape to get to 2-0 in Huntington. Anybody going up? Sure it’ll be a smaller contingent due to the Oklahoma St game and soccer.

It’s probably right, we simply can’t score points. Since Shirreffs has taken over as the starter we’ve averaged 12pts per game.

My wife and I are making the trip to Huntington. I’ve wanted to see a game at Marshall since we joined the conference. I hope the offense finds some life and the defense continues to be stingy. We will have to pack all our warm Niner gear as I hear Marshall stadium is very windy and the high will be 43 degrees.

I like Marshall, and am glad that they are in “our” conference (we were here first), but nobody whines more about schools like Charlotte keeping them down when they should be in a better conference than they do. I am honestly more interested in their loss than our win, but I look forward to the season when I do not feel that way.

Spread up to +15 in some books now.

We need a good showing this weekend to carry some momentum from the effort at UT. Keep the positive momentum going so hopefully we can get a respectable sized crowd for our final home game.

We have to steal this one for any hope of a bowl game to continue. We won’t beat both FIU and FAU if we lose to Marshall. Lambert knows this. He knows losing to Marshall is the writing on the wall for him.

2 Likes

Marshall is a tough style matchup for the 49ers. They focus on stopping the run (like us), but they have a pretty solid passing attack (unlike us lately). They will score more points on us than UT did. The offense really needs to step up, especially Shireffs and the OL in pass blocking.

Seems like the odds makers have us figured out pretty well. We’ve been the underdog in every matchup except Fordham

I think we have covered the spread in most games this year

6-3 against the spread this year.

#SpreadBowling

1 Like

Shadow and I are locked in, she’s hoping I make it rain treats again like I did the last time we were in Huntington following the big W.

And yes, any realistic paths to a bowl start with a win Saturday.

2 Likes

The defensive line’s depth will improve with the return of Tommy Doctor and Nick Martin.

1 Like

clt says the doctor is in!

its basketball season

By the end of November what team will have more wins?