2nd Annual March to the Endzone Football Rally and Tailgate

Unfortunately, no sales. Display only. Barnes and Noble has the exclusive right to subject 49er fans to over priced gear on campus...
Oh, right- DUH. Sorry....totally forgot about that.

Iā€™m coming back from the beach early to get down to this. I plan on getting there a little early and setting up the tailgate before the march. Iā€™m gonna tailgate for a while and then move my tailgate to BofA Stadium for the Panthers game.

Sell sh*t around the side of one of the buildings when Judy isnā€™t looking.

Mr. Sparty & I just picked up our charcoal grill, so if anyone needs a place to cook your burgers/dogs, feel free to come visit!
Oh, and David Perlmutt from the Disturber called me tonight for input from an alum re: football for an article for the UCity magazine. We had the UNCC/UNC Charlotte/Charlotte 49ers discussionā€¦donā€™t hold your breath.

BUMP to keep this on the front pageā€¦keep spreadinā€™ the word!

[QUOTE=49erAlumnus;427438]Unfortunately, no sales. Display only. Barnes and Noble has the exclusive right to subject 49er fans to over priced gear on campusā€¦[/QUOTE]

But Barnes and Nobles doesnā€™t have exclusive rights to sell Niner gear from the back of your car in Kohlā€™s parking lot, just sayā€™n! :tongue:

[QUOTE=49or bust;427419]The old one is still in my garageā€¦ but itā€™s in about 50 piecesā€¦ haha

Maybe we save the 2nd goalpost for the year our team starts to play. Kinda a symbolic closing to the campaign, ya dig?[/QUOTE]

REALLY? the whole thing?

if so we should consider re-buildingā€¦ I think carrying the goal posts had a major impactā€¦ what you think?

our hero at it againā€¦

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2009/08/time-again-to-march-to-endzone.html

those of you who arenā€™t too cool to use facebook statusā€™ and/or twitter :tongue: - you should post this link!

Having a little press outside of the university and its students sometimes convinces those on the fence about coming to come on outā€¦ lame? yes. does it work? sometimes!

not to mention it gets our boy jims blog out there even more! gotta support our favorite exterior niner media outlet

Anybody have a backup plan in case it rains??

[QUOTE=spartyniner;427584]Anybody have a backup plan in case it rains??[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this myself! Is there a plan for rain?

Anybody have a backup plan in case it rains??

Do football games get cancelled due to rain?

Do football games get cancelled due to rain?

No, but tailgates with no football game to follow do.

Weather.com says it is supposed to be sunny and 87 tomorrow.

[QUOTE=jfickett;425668][B]2nd Annual March to the Endzone Football Rally and Tailgate[/B]

[B]When: [/B]Saturday, August 29th, 2:00pm-5:00pm

[B]Where: [/B]Meet at the Belk Tower just like last year. Weā€™ll then take a different route, as we will march to the future stadium site where the current rec fields are located to begin our tailgate.

[B]Why:[/B] It is important to start building more traditions that show our love and pride for the Charlotte 49ers. This football march was successful last year, and can be even larger and more successful this year as we march to the future stadium site. In the future, weā€™ll have a coach, our first recruiting class, and so on until we march to our first game in the fall of 2013.

[B]What to bring:[/B] This is great practice for 49er tailgating in the autumns to come. Standard tailgating rules as per university policy apply. The event is BYOā€¦so feel free to bring any food to cook on non-gas grills (charcoal only) and beverages (adult beverages are fine for people of legal age, no glass bottles, bring SOLO cups)! You can also bring a football, cornhole, a frisbee or any other tailgating supplies. Most importantly: WEAR CHARLOTTE APPAREL!

This event is sponsored by Niner Nation Gold and the Athletic Department. It is a part of the Community Day event which begins at 12pm at the Student Union. Any questions feel free to contact me: jwfickett@gmail.com, or Ben Bowers: bfbowers@gmail.com.

We need your support and look forward to seeing you there! GO NINERS![/QUOTE]

If weā€™re meeting at belkā€¦

ā€¦and tailgating at the fieldsā€¦

ā€¦then we have to park at the fields, walk to belk, walk back?

Thatā€™s gonna suck!

Weather.com says it is supposed to be sunny and 87 tomorrow.

wcnc.com last night said 50% chance of rain. who knows with this tropical storm out thereā€¦hopefully it wonā€™t rain, but just thought Iā€™d ask in case it does.

If we're meeting at belk...

Thatā€™s gonna suck!

You must be the one buying Coors Light that sideshow mentioned.

If we're meeting at belk...

Thatā€™s gonna suck!

Yes. Mr. Sparty & N1NER are planning on parking & warming up the Cornhole set with cold beer instead of hiking. I missed the march last year, so Iā€™ll be marching :49ers:

[QUOTE=spartyniner;427594]wcnc.com last night said 50% chance of rain. who knows with this tropical storm out thereā€¦hopefully it wonā€™t rain, but just thought Iā€™d ask in case it does.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=J Felt;427595]You must be the one buying Coors Light that sideshow mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Wondered the same thing. With a pregnant wife, I will be hanging out at the tailgate as well. Maybe I can get some good pictures of the march approaching.

Park in the Union Deck if youā€™re not grilling off your truck bed.
Get there at 1pm, check out the New Student Union.
Walk to Belk Tower.
March to the CRI Field.
Tailgate like He77.
Use the walk-through to Lynch to get back to the Union Deck.

Piece Oā€™Cake!

Job and I will be on News 36 either tonight or on their early morning show tomorrow talking about the march and football!!! Interviewed at the union this morning!