4-1 Offense: Any changes this year?

Just wondering if there will be any changes this year to the offense?

Everthing on the roster seems good for the offense, except looking at the roster, Coleman and Williams seem to be the only players to spell time at C, and both seem undersized. And the mindset of many of the wings and combos coming in is perimeter oriented.

I’m a little worried about how rebounding will exist with the players. Don’t we typically need one stalwart in the post to run the offense? (e.g., White, Clemmons, Stephens, Withers, even Nance) I just remember the year G. Williams didn’t pan out as the center, and we struggled.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited about this year. But am I missing something or is there an idea of how we will compensate for missing a True C? Williams and Coleman in tandem? 5-out offense?

on paper this upcoming season maybe the most challenging we have had in a very long time.

[QUOTE=amnesiac;175103]on paper this upcoming season maybe the most challenging we have had in a very long time.[/QUOTE]

Really depends. We will be as young and as thin up front as we were the season we do not speak of, but we will also have a proven gun in D.A., and if Carlos Williams pans out, a real PG to lead the offense.

I think we’ll be sloppy, but not as offensively challenged as that team. Rebounding will be a huge struggle, every night.

I think this year we’ll see an offensive style similar to that of the Phoenix Suns. Tons of running up on the secondary break, trying to get quicker, emphasizing passing.

I think this year we'll see an offensive style similar to that of the Phoenix Suns. Tons of running up on the secondary break, trying to get quicker, emphasizing passing.

Wow, I hope we are as good as them too! :biggrin:

This offense needs PG that forces the action, a big time shooter and a versatile 4. Secondary is an athletic defender at the 3 and a guy that knocks people on their ass at the 5.

1 - Carlos Williams (check based on rep)
2 - Leemire (check)
3 - D’Angelo (check, plus scorer)
4 - EJ (potential)
5 - Coleman/Williams (trouble)

EJ/Coleman/Williams/Booker must give us something go with our guards.

Lutz told Preston to get them leaner and quicker. We’re going to run, gun and off-set lack of size with speed. We should be a better shooting team…which should mean not as many rebounds to get…right???

I’m excited about watching this team but not sure how it will all come together.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;175110]We should be a better shooting team…which should mean not as many rebounds to get…right???

[/QUOTE]

maybe when we’re on offense. but what about defensive rebounding?

[QUOTE=49erFan1;175106]I think this year we’ll see an offensive style similar to that of the Phoenix Suns. Tons of running up on the secondary break, trying to get quicker, emphasizing passing.[/QUOTE]

God I hope so!

Someone mentioned chemistry in another thread. The returnees are serious about basketball/solid guys. I worry some about Courtney and Jerrell (Lewis). Both were unhappy last year and let it be known. THey need to get their acts together and accept their roles. The other concern is that so many new guys are coming in. As long as the freshman are patient, we’ll be fine. Carlos Williams will need to gain respect ASAP so he can run the team. Of course Leemire and DA will be the experienced leaders.

they were unhappy? What did they expect? They were juco transfers coming to a school that many projected to be top 25 at the beginning of the year. Even when they did get to play they were less than impressive IMO.

Lewis not Jamison.