4 years from this Saturday

Four years from this Saturday, you are going to wake up from your home, or from a bed in a hotel in the University area if you have moved away or live away. You’ll smile at a loved one you may not even know now, you’ll get kids dressed that you may not have now.

You’ll drive back to where only a portion of your life was molded, but a part of you forever. Something about the air is going to be different that day. While the news forecast calls for partly cloudy skies, and a high of 88 its going to feel like it is 72 with a breeze. The leaves will not have changed colors yet, but you’ll picture what they will look like in the coming weeks as you drive that morning. You will debate about how many pieces of bojangles chicken you need. you will debate about which liquor you want, you will debate about which beer is the best deal, you will debate about where you want to park.

It is likely that you will not hear a drum cadence on that day, but you will hear some AC/DC as you approach the stadium.

You will not see Erin Andrews that day, but you’ll probably see some attractive girls.

ESPN gameday will not be there, but some local radio station will be there.

CBS will not be there, but WBTV will be there for the history.

Rivals Top 100 recruits will not be there, but our future will be there.

I will be there, and you will be there. Our coach will be there. Our donors new and old will be there. Our friend, our families will be there.
[B][U][SIZE=5]
The Charlotte 49ers 2013 football team will be there.[/SIZE][/U][/B]

forgot to add:

[SIZE=7][B]FORTY![/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][B]NINERS!!![/B][/SIZE]

Can’t wait for that day!!!

Hot damn! This 4 years is gonna fly by too. Can’t wait.

This brought a tear to my eye! Can’t wait for the first tailgate!

I spent the day working on my cornhole boards…thinking about how much fun it will be to reunite with friends on campus on these awesome Fall days.

Sneak peak of the board…I couldn’t wait until clear was completely dry around logos and name. Legs will be green.

well written.

Of course you did skip over one question. Will the Charlotte Observer be there?

I hope the 4 years fly by. Right now it still seems like 40 years away. Maybe once I see some stadium concepts and hear who the Head Coach is, time will move quicker.

I am already lookin for an RV or trailer to take to games at home and away! Screw driving in in the morning - be there the night before and start the party!

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;429314]
Will the Charlotte Observer be there?
[/QUOTE]
Will the charlotte observer be at the game, or will the observer exist 4 years from now? I can’t answer either.

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;429315]I am already lookin for an RV or trailer to take to games at home and away! Screw driving in in the morning - be there the night before and start the party![/QUOTE]
honestly debating about something like this for my tailgating:

[QUOTE=Sideshow;429308]Hot damn! This 4 years is gonna fly by too. Can’t wait.[/QUOTE]

Still far too long away. A half decade is horrible!

[QUOTE=ninerID;429316]Will the charlotte observer be at the game, or will the observer exist 4 years from now? I can’t answer either.
[/QUOTE]

Fair point.

I’m holding out hope that Charlotte 49ers Head Football Coach will be bold enough to stand up in public and call out all local media for treating Charlotte’s Division I athletics like the fungus that is on my pinky toe.

... like the fungus that is on my pinky toe.

Might want to get that handled in the next 4 years.

clt also adds that the o will be gone in 2013.

Four years from this Saturday, you are going to wake up from your home, or from a bed in a hotel in the University area if you have moved away or live away. You'll smile at a loved one you may not even know now, you'll get kids dressed that you may not have now.

You’ll drive back to where only a portion of your life was molded, but a part of you forever. Something about the air is going to be different that day. While the news forecast calls for partly cloudy skies, and a high of 88 its going to feel like it is 72 with a breeze. The leaves will not have changed colors yet, but you’ll picture what they will look like in the coming weeks as you drive that morning. You will debate about how many pieces of bojangles chicken you need. you will debate about which liquor you want, you will debate about which beer is the best deal, you will debate about where you want to park.

It is likely that you will not hear a drum cadence on that day, but you will hear some AC/DC as you approach the stadium.

You will not see Erin Andrews that day, but you’ll DEFINITELY see some attractive girls.

ESPN gameday will not be there, but some local radio station will be there.

CBS will not be there, but WBTV will be there for the history.

Rivals Top 100 recruits will not be there, but our future will be there.

I will be there, and you will be there. Our coach will be there. Our donors new and old will be there. Our friend, our families will be there.
[SIZE=5]
The Charlotte 49ers 2013 football team will be there.[/SIZE]

Now it’s a perfect post.

Can somebody tell me how I can get a ticket for this? Me and my buddies aint buying no FSL but we steel wont too go too some games.

[QUOTE=ninerID;429299]You’ll smile at a loved one you may not even know now, you’ll get kids dressed that you may not have now.
[/QUOTE]

Sadly for many, the FSL killed the dream of bringing their family to the game.

[QUOTE=X-49er;429687]Sadly for many, the FSL killed the dream of bringing their family to the game.[/QUOTE]

Here we go…let’s hear your rant this time.

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;429692]Here we go…let’s hear your rant this time.[/QUOTE]

I’ve already ranted myself silly, to no avail. I just wanted to point out that it will be a bittersweet day for many, not a happy one.

Sadly for many, the FSL killed the dream of bringing their family to the game.

The plan is probably to have one endzone as a grassy hill for non-FSL owners and families, until a larger stadium can be built.

[QUOTE=uncommon-niner;429696]The plan is probably to have one endzone as a grassy hill for non-FSL owners and families, until a larger stadium can be built.[/QUOTE]

Does Belk or Memorial have an area like this? The new stadium may, but it’s not going to be ready for opening day unless something changes in a hurry.