49er Commit Q&A: Tim Horne

Check out what he had to say about several topics…

His thoughts on Charlotte, what he is expecting his senior year, and much more

49er Commit Q&A: Tim Horne
https://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1794035

I saw where he is visiting UNC this weekend.

WTF?! The word “commit” must have lost its meaning, then. Like many words these days.

WTF?! The word “commit” must have lost its meaning, then. Like many words these days.[/quote]Commits mean very little in football, not like basketball.

WTF?! The word “commit” must have lost its meaning, then. Like many words these days.[/quote]Commits mean very little in football, not like basketball.[/quote]

I get it. Don’t like it. Wish they would not “commit” unless THAT’S what it is going to be. >:( It’s like your girl seeing other guys and you think you’re the only ONE. Gaaaaa!

WTF?! The word “commit” must have lost its meaning, then. Like many words these days.[/quote]Commits mean very little in football, not like basketball.[/quote]

Why is this and what are the rules around this? I have been wondering about this, so now is a good time to discuss.

Why is this and what are the rules around this? I have been wondering about this, so now is a good time to discuss.[/quote]No rules around it, just 2 completely different mindsets to it. A lot of recruitment in football really happens after a kid commits.

In basketball the kids that commit are generally no longer contacted by other programs.

So many more under the radar kids in FB, no year round leagues and just higher volume of players. Big schools wait to see what the g5 and fcs schools see as below the radar talent when they start committing, and then parlay our foreplay into recruitment. Shitty, but it is the nature of the beast.

Is he still committed?

We have got to get four to five 3 star recruits for signing day. With the recent down seasons at SC, Va Tech, Ga. Tech and ECU, I would hope a few local players would give the Niners more interest. If we don’t see the same kind of signing day talent that WKU and Marsall will have then why should next season’s record be any different from this season?

Rivals still lists him as a “soft verbal” - http://sports.yahoo.com/charlotte/football/recruiting/player-Tim-Horne-183454