49er Football Portal

Iā€™m still curious who creates those transfer
Portals images/wording and the process. Are players involved on the style of photo? How quickly is the turnaround on these things once the player requests to hit the portal?

Transfer player game tapeā€¦ when a player requests does the AD media guys have to then watch game tape and look for player clips to use? Are clips made after every game (and practice I assume for guys that donā€™t play in games) and added to a player ā€œelectronic folderā€ to be accessed quickly later?

A player could decide that the free Charlotte education/location is more important than football and not ā€œgive backā€ā€˜ the scholarship by hitting the transfer portal and just riding the bench right?

Well, Poggi did say something to the effect that if guys were not wanting to conform, and I would add happy or able to meet their standards, then they would help them find a new program opportunity. That is much better than stories heard about scholarships being pulled and players kicked to the curb because someone more talented became available.

A reminder that showing up on time is 10 minutes lateā€¦

1 Like

I believe that the scholarships are good for one school year and have to be renewed annually. So a player could elect not to leave and be covered through the end of that term, but then the next year they would be just like anyone else attending - on their own $. And provided they are in good academic standing.

1 Like

Iā€™ve wondered the same. Many are stamped with an advertisement agency so are they just doing it free for publicity or are players forking out money for these announcements

If you were only here for a cup of coffee no need to make some stylistic social media post.

Kinda surprised by this one. St. Francis guy and was happy with Biff hire but didnā€™t play at all last year (hurt?). Did he play in the spring game? Figured he be at least a back up this yearā€¦

1 Like

Can someone provide some background on these players?

1 Like

clt says biff mentioned another qb coming to charlotte.

Iā€™m glad I havenā€™t spent too much time digging into the roster yet!! I think Iā€™ll wait a month or so.

Im Out GIF

I guess this means we like Carson Black?

Or Poggi is not done recruiting QBs.

1 Like

Must have another QB on the hook in the portal.

2 Likes

The AZ State QB maybeā€¦

I change or new info on status of Quarvis?

This is how Iā€™m starting to feel, letā€™s see what the 2 deep looks like in early August, till then itā€™s all in flux.

Mike Minter right nowā€¦
Come Here Lets Go GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden