49er Football Portal

Could be plenty of reasons why WR’s are going to the portal. Could be waiting to see what our QB situation looks like.

Regardless, put me down in the “don’t chase em, replace em” camp.

4 Likes

Could be the first of many today.

To hear Coach Poggi talk, it was going to be for the better. That’s the reason this line of thinking didn’t register for me.

The NIL thing is much harder to get a firm grasp of… Don’t know enough specifics. I do know we need to do better there.

Did you guys see that Deion at Colorado video I posted?

He basically told most of the team to hit the portal. I’m not saying that’s what will happen here, but you have to expect a lot of activity after a 3-9 season and a coaching change (which I think all of us do expect).

I was hoping to hold onto Spencer. But I am a realist about the rest.

5 Likes

All this makes me nauseous. However the sliver of NINER optimism in me keeps me thinking we’ll be a better team/program in the long run. Keepin’ hope alive!

4 Likes

Its hard to hold high level talent if you keep your coach. REALLY hard if you change coaches. That is college sports these days.

1 Like

On the flipside, Poggi likely sitting in a war room trying to evaluate all these options like it’s a severe bull market and he is a hedge fund manager again.

4 Likes

I saw that video from Deon…that is cold!!

Not as cold as Colorado in December

2 Likes

“after the ink is dry from the signing period and we have a stable of big, fast, P5 frisbee catching dogs,”

Hell yeah!! This statement fired me up so much this morning I ran the Oklahoma drills with the kids in the parking lot before school this morning !!!

4 Likes

Who said this?

Watching big name QBs continue to declare for the portal…

I think some pretty good players are going to be left without a home if they aren’t careful.

3 Likes

We’ll leave the light on

3 Likes

I did, a few posts up

From Club Lit to Motel 6

1 Like

Well, I like it.

1 Like

How many staffers do you have to allocate to monitoring / evaluating this thing?

Mean Girls Madness GIF by filmeditor

With 62 QBs in the portal, if we are shopping, they are on sale.

I wanna upgrade the depth on both lines and buildup our secondary just as badly. And we are probably shopping for a WR and a TE as well, unless we can change some minds.

Our RB room was deep last season but as much as Poggi wants to run the ball, I wouldn’t be surprised to see another RB added to replace the frustratingly underused Calvin Camp.

4 Likes

11 Likes