49er Football Portal

This one hurts but gotta move forward and replace. I could see Dubose but did not see this one.

1 Like

Has anyone really done super well after leaving Charlotte for “better” opportunities?

Crawford isn’t setting Arkansas ablaze.
Rico Arnold didn’t do great at UMass.
Tyler Murray?

Maybe Johnathan Cruz was a good move to Ole Miss but he’s a kicker and it doesn’t really matter where you play as a kicker as you will be a lower round pick regardless.

I’m just not seeing a lot of good mileage from the portal. What am I missing?

3 Likes

Look for a lot of names to hit the portal tomorrow and I expect that you will see numerous offers being made by Charlotte. With Biff’s connections and also those new positions coach hires working, I expect to have some very nice commits

2 Likes

These guys will do great no matter where they end up. I think murray starts at memphis

Is Cruz on any draft boards?

I don’t disagree but I think the portal is pretty stupid as a whole.

Wonder if our receivers hitting the portal has anything to do with Biff’s comments we are going to be a run first team.

2 Likes

Timmy Horne does play on Sundays now.

1 Like

Something had to have happened. His dad said in discord he was sticking but then said Elijah made the decision to leave. Sucks.

1 Like

Well, didn’t poggi say he wanted to run the ball a lot? Maybe Spencer is just afraid he will see his production go down in a system that emphasizes the run?

Poggi said we gonna run then beat the D over the top

Had the same thought FWIW.

1 Like

Somebody else would love to have their spot…#opportunity

1 Like

clt says good luck in the future, pal

1 Like

Run first doesn’t mean you won’t sling it.

3 Likes

No telling who is in these guy’s ear about NIL and down years etc. that prompt a move. Good luck and move on.

1 Like

They can enter portal and then decide to stay I believe

2 Likes

real housewives nene GIF

The run first comments aren’t why they are leaving. Yeah, Biff said we’d emphasize the run, but he also said we would then bomb it down the field. Receivers will have chances for monster numbers here. Imo these guys are transferring out because they see the talent level here is about to drastically change. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m not criticizing them. Honestly it’s the smart move if you just want to play ball and get as many touches as possible. No hard feelings from me. Pretty sure when it’s all said and done after the ink is dry from the signing period and we have a stable of big, fast, P5 frisbee catching dogs, it will make sense why all these guys hit the road.

3 Likes

Also, if you have watched any of the Michigan games, it may be a running offence but they rely successfully on the passing game.

2 Likes