49er for District Court Judge

Hello fellow niners, I wanted to alert you all that Richard Durham(Class of a long time ago) is running for District Court Judge of Forsyth County and he would appreciate all of your support.

If you live in the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County area make sure you vote for him and tell all your friends to vote for him(It is a non-partisan race, if you vote straight ticket you don’t get an opportunity to vote for him). If you don’t live in the area, tell anyone you know who does to vote for Richard. Or if your interested in helping out with a donation you can click on the link and donate.

49er for Judge

Richard is the biggest 49er fan I know and has given tremendous support to our school. Anything you can do to support him will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!

How about a summary of where he stands on some issues?

I don’t think he is supposed to have “stands on issues”…he is supposed to determine guilt or innocence under our existing laws and pass down judgement accordingly. With that being said, from what I know of him, he will do a great job…especially if you wear your 49er club Pin when you are standing before him for running 85 in a 45.

And by the way…take this sh!t to the politics forum!! :smiley: :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by Sa-eed[/i]@Aug 3 2004, 10:57 PM [b] I don't think he is supposed to have "stands on issues"......he is supposed to determine guilt or innocence under our existing laws and pass down judgement accordingly. [/b]
Correct. NC Appellate judges aren't going to hear any social issues like gay marriage or abortion rights cases. Just make sure the lower courts didn't screw up.

Richard is the biggest 49er fan in Winston-Salem and an all around good guy. No Bull. Vote Durham.

[i]Originally posted by Sa-eed[/i]@Aug 3 2004, 10:57 PM [b] I don't think he is supposed to have "stands on issues"......he is supposed to determine guilt or innocence under our existing laws and pass down judgement accordingly. With that being said, from what I know of him, he will do a great job....especially if you wear your 49er club Pin when you are standing before him for running 85 in a 45.

And by the way…take this sh!t to the politics forum!! :smiley: :smiley: [/b]

Ditto, that.

My son lives in W-S. I advised him to research Mr. Durham and if he thinks he’s worthy, he’ll vote for him. Disclaimer: my son is a bit left of center, as I am, so what will be, will be. NOW, take this s*** to the politics forum. :lol:

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF+Aug 3 2004, 11:08 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (UNCCTF @ Aug 3 2004, 11:08 PM)

Thank you, PI. I’m well aware of what the judicial branch’s job is supposed to be.

But is he willing to defend the Constitution objectively, or will he act like those clowns on the Federal Supreme court bench?

I know Richard very well & I don’t see him acting like a clown while behind the bench ( away from the bench is a different story :smiley: ). He’ll do a good job. Unfortunately, since I transferred my voting district from Forsyth to Mecklenburg last year, I will not be able to vote for him. He is such an avid Niner that he will probably put the 49er emblem on his gavel. Richard, I won’t tell them where you went to law school.

I was Richard’s (Dickie’s) roommate during my senior year, his junior year. He and I organized the first pre-game bonfire (as far as I know) when we were to play David Thompson’s wuspack. We borrowed a truck from the maintainance department and gathered whatever we could to burn. We got creamed by 30 points but nevertheless we have both shared a school spirit that still lasts today and will forever.

VOTE FOR HIM OR DEAL WITH THE REVEREND. Members of the Muthers of '74 & 75.

[i]Originally posted by Reverend[/i]@Aug 4 2004, 10:41 AM [b] I was Richard's (Dickie's) roommate during my senior year, his junior year. He and I organized the first pre-game bonfire (as far as I know) when we were to play David Thompson's wuspack. We borrowed a truck from the maintainance department and gathered whatever we could to burn. We got creamed by 30 points but nevertheless we have both shared a school spirit that still lasts today and will forever.

VOTE FOR HIM OR DEAL WITH THE REVEREND. Members of the Muthers of '74 & 75. [/b]

Talk about old school. :o :wink: Great to hear the stories.

I met Richard a few years ago during the COSIDA tournament at the RBC center. I’ll never forget his son leading the cheers with his trumpet in front of an entire section of Niner fans as we went up by 15 in the second half. Good campaign ad. Great stuff.

You know me Lefty. You see me at every game.

[i]Originally posted by Reverend[/i]@Aug 4 2004, 11:12 AM [b] You know me Lefty. You see me at every game. [/b]
Hmmmmm???? Track area, seats, or halftime hospitality?

I was at that bonfire…although I have to admit some of my memories from those years do seem a little fuzzy. I have no idea why.

B)

Judges campaign and are affiliated with parties, like sheriff nominees.
Can he keep our ballplayers out of trouble?
Will he through the book at bball players from Forsyth county universities? This is what we need to know.

[i]Originally posted by Sideshow[/i]@Aug 4 2004, 09:26 AM [b] Thank you, PI. I'm well aware of what the judicial branch's job is *supposed* to be.

But is he willing to defend the Constitution objectively, or will he act like those clowns on the Federal Supreme court bench? [/b]

I am sure when he states his stance on issues his response would be that he doesn’t plan to defend the constitution objectively. :rolleyes: He has views on different issues like all of us, but it is not appropriate for him to air them considering the type of position he is seeking. What does matter is his knowledge of the laws and his willingness to enforce them fairly and justly. I also know Richard very well and in my opinion he does have these capabilities, and will get my vote.

[b]Judges campaign and are affiliated with parties, like sheriff nominees.[/b]

Judges do campaign, but are not party affiliated.

[i]Originally posted by ninermike[/i]@Aug 4 2004, 07:02 AM [b] Richard is the biggest 49er fan in Winston-Salem and an all around good guy. No Bull. Vote Durham. [/b]
Completely true. I've enjoyed meeting him and watching games with him a good half dozen times. Anyone that will sit through an entire game of Curtis Nash at the point and the good guys down by 20 is a true fan. :D

Richard is one heck of a great 49er fan and true to the University. He’s been on the Alumni Board of Governors and always is at our Triad receptions. I’ve know him for many years now and would have no problems voting for him as a judge even if he wasn’t a 49er.

That being said, Forsyth County is less than 3 mles from my home, so my vote won’t count.

Good luck Judge Durham!

Glad to see some support for Richard. Thanks to all who replied.