49er Golf ⛳

Straight into the championship match play now I believe

1 Like

We are up on 3 and down in 2 mid-way through the front nine.

boys are getting tired, down 1-4 mid part of back 9. But no deficit larger than down 1. Stinks that the Tourney isn’t televised on ESPN+ like the lowly Southland and Sunbelt is.

man, that’s a lot of Golf, 90 holes in 4 days.

Up 3-2 now with a couple to play

Its 1-1 on completed matches. Of the 3 matches still underway, we lead 2 of them by 1 shot. We are down 2 shots in the other match…update, we now lead 2-1 in completed matches.

2 Likes

Conference champs again.

2 Likes

Go Niners!

3 Likes

Yeah!!!

Dammit Ron. Take notes.

Cute Girl Golf GIF

clt says well done!

1 Like
5 Likes

Guessing they send us to
Keowee Falls in SC

2 Likes

Got jobbed on the seeding, #11. Have to travel cross-country to Morgan Hill CA, just south of San Jose. NC State going out there as well. I remember hearing the name of the course, so I looked it up. No matter what happens, they get to play a bucket list course for golfers. The Institute is supposed to be one of the most exclusive clubs and courses in the US. Almost 8,000 yards, that’s insane.

2 Likes

THE INSTITUTE

Morgan Hill, California

The Institute LLC Golf Course is an ultra-private club that was created by Frys Electronics owner John Fry and opened in 2002. The course is not open to the public and its use is minimal and exclusive, at the discretion of ownership. It was intended to be a recreational facility for the American Institute of Mathematics, which Fry also founded, but has hosted some high-level golf events. The course is just over 8,000 yards, apparently the longest course from the championship tees in California, and designed by Golf Course Architecht Damian V. Pascuzz. Aiding in its mystery, the course is not visible from the outside thanks to a mile-long fenceline walled with cypress trees

4 Likes

Niners with a solid round 3/4 of the way through Round 1. Sitting in a tie for 3rd place out of 13 teams and solidly ahead of the 2 teams we are grouped with (California and Grand Canyon).

1 Like

https://results.golfstat.com//public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=27709

clt says UNC looking baaad

I see what you did there! It’s Da Bears, not Dem Heels.