49er promo on WFNZ

If anyone listens to Primetime with the Packman on WFNZ, I’m sure you have heard the segment in which QCB answers the question “What are you doing tonight?” and then goes on some BS about what his plans are and then says he doesn’t plan on going to Halton. Then he says it has been sponsered by the 49ers.

WTF??? All this guy does is bash the 49ers every chance he gets and now he is supposed to be promoting 49er basketball. He is basically making fun of the 9ers in our own promotion. Does this come from us or is this from WFNZ?

I sure hope we aren’t paying for it. He and the other idiot were claiming we stole Notre Dame’s fight song the other day. They were playing both of them and threatening to call ND. Sure they’re just trying to be funny but that type of stuff borderline slander, IMO.

QCB is an idiot…

I have not heard this promo. I do not listen to that station anymore for this exact type of bllsht. The last time I listened was the end of Pacman right before the coverage of one of our games. Right before the lead in to our game they basically attacked us and went beyond stirring the pot. If I were to find out any money went to this type of activity I would not donate another penny to our program.

QCB should worry about that commercial he does for Planet Suzuki. That is so pathetic it is funny and pretty much the funniest thing about his existence.

I have yet had someone explain to me how our flagship station that covers our games is allowed to pretty much talk sh*t about our program right up to the broadcast of our game.

This crap is ridiculous, Since I came to charlotte 6 years ago and went to UNCC and now live and work in this town I have heard nothing but crap out of 610. The show would be bearable if QCB and Hayseed were gone, they’re only there to make pac-man look smart and to deliver the nascar/softball report. Not enough stats and discussion about actual game points, this show has always been loaded with personal reasons why certain teams suck, no reflection of record or anything. I hope that everyone on this site is emailing the head of basketball operations right now. What does anyone on this show have to crow about anyway, it’s well documented that neither seed or QCB went to college, if their rhetoric has not made that abundantly clear. Pac-man went to clemson, nuff said. If I were cornbread I would refuse to come on this show ever again until QCB and seed are fired. The niners have been operating on a budget that is peanuts in the most college basketball crazy state in the nation, and consistently produced winning teams with the most underrated, classiest coach around. Hear that QCB and Hayseed, CLASS.

Love it or hate it, the fact is that they do bits like that simply to get a rise out of a certain target group (like this message board). And it’s mission accomplished when people are offended or take it serious. I definitely understand the point about our flagship station taking shots at us. I wholeheartedly agree that it’s not very professional and carries very little class. Personally, I wouldn’t choose to do business with a station that did this but right now, it’s our best and only option.

As for the issue at hand…the school wasn’t tied in to this particular incident in terms of paying for an advertisement. This started the day of Midnight Madness. QCB read the ad in the paper about the event and picked up on the catch phrase “What are YOU doing tonight?” He took that as an opportunity to just pick on Niner fans and hope that he hit a nerve in some people. It wasn’t an ad or any type of paid endorsement that took place. It was just QCB being QCB. It was a rare occasion that I was listening that day out of hope that Packer may have Lutz on to talk about MM…no such luck of course.

That was also the same day they brought up the Niner fight song being a copy of Notre Dames. The accusation was stupid but they do sound alike for what it’s worth…lol. But just to show you how uninformed they really are, QCB and Hayseed both thought that fight song was brand new for this upcoming season and that they had their hands on a copy of something that not many people had heard. Almost called in just to let them know that we have had that song for awhile now. That show is pathetic at best and I’d like the 4 hours of my life back that I lost listening that day in hopes that we may actually get some positive pub on the air. :rolleyes:

Yet another reason to do what I’ve always done: Ignored their broadcast.

I encourage you to do the same.

(short diclaimer - calling the host “FUDGE”, never gets old, especially if you do it on air. Ditto “Fatseed”.)

Packer sucks.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Oct 25 2004, 01:29 PM [b] (short diclaimer [/b]
Freudian slip NA? :D

dick & lamer…

sounds about right for those two. B)

Well Raleigh sports talk is so bad with Adam Gold on 850am 3-6pm that Packman is welcome on my radio. Unfortunatley, he Packman affiliate Triangle Sports Talk, WTSB 1090AM, signal is so poor I have no choice to listen to 850am…

Any mention of 49ers in the Raleigh area is better than none for me!

I was at a Raleigh bar this weekend and we started talking bball (since the pack was getting man handled by the canes at the time on the tube)… I say my team is Charlotte… they say cool, whats your favorite college team :huh: I can go up to Chicago, Seattle, or wherever and most college fans know the Charlotte 49ers and Bobby Lutz.

For what its worth, I’ve only heard Packer say good things about the program. Same goes for Kilgo when he is on.

QCB? Hayseed? I wouldn’t pay too much attention.

I can only take the show in little bits at a time. Packer does get good guest on the show and sometimes it is funny. When they all start talking “smack” at once and doing the fake laughs, I have to bail. The only way to enjoy the show at all is to laugh at QCB and Hayseed and not take anything they say seriously. It is all a joke, look at how they were on the air about the Panthers last year.

[i]Originally posted by BigTimeNiner[/i]@Oct 25 2004, 08:33 PM [b] I can only take the show in little bits at a time. Packer does get good guest on the show and sometimes it is funny. When they all start talking "smack" at once and doing the fake laughs, I have to bail. The only way to enjoy the show at all is to laugh at QCB and Hayseed and not take anything they say seriously. It is all a joke, look at how they were on the air about the Panthers last year. [/b]
I don't agree with the comparison with the 49ers to the Panthers. The Panthers have a very established fan base and are instantly credible in teh eyes of the casual fan because they are in the NFL. We're a program trying to establish credibility with the casual fans in Charlotte. We're in an ACC dominated market with a quality product, but all the casual fan gets to hear a majority of the time on Prime Time is that we're a laughing stock. I know, we should all just turn it off. The problem is not that any of us hears this crap. We're already fans! Our problem is the potential fans, the ones we need desperately to get into Halton, are hearing it.

Oh, I’m guessing that Packer plans out the directions QCB and Hayseed take. It’s good cop/bad cop. It’s his show and I’m sure he has behind the scenes input as to what “pots need to be stirred”.

We’re at a point where we need to be pumped a bit in the local market. This could be a banner year and we need people in the seats to see it. We don’t need morons with sixth grade educations doing this kind of stuff.

-Mac

I used to listen to Primetime but just got sick of it. Nothing but talking smack and most of it wasn’t even funny.

As far as the Niners are concerned - I wouldn’t mind it if there was someone on the show who would actually defend them when everybody else talks pure smack. When any other team is discussed there are usually 3 - 4 people on the show talking smack and 1 - 3 people defending the program being talked about. With the Niners it’s everybody in the studio saying the first stupid thing that comes to mind.

It is just sad with the Carolina Cobras got more positive comments spoken about them.

[i]Originally posted by NinerMac[/i]@Oct 25 2004, 09:50 PM [b] Oh, I'm guessing that Packer plans out the directions QCB and Hayseed take. It's good cop/bad cop. It's his show and I'm sure he has behind the scenes input as to what "pots need to be stirred".

We’re at a point where we need to be pumped a bit in the local market. This could be a banner year and we need people in the seats to see it. We don’t need morons with sixth grade educations doing this kind of stuff.

-Mac [/b]

Exactly! Packer dictates content, yet acts like he has no control over the bafoons.

Since it’s all an act, wouldn’t it be stir the pot even more if QCB joins NinerNation and calls out the ACC people??? I asked him about it and he claimed that QCB despises the 49ers…said he wouldn’t do that. From what I’ve gathered, Packer likes Bobby but doesn’t respect the University or the athletic program.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Oct 26 2004, 08:08 AM [b] From what I've gathered, Packer likes Bobby but doesn't respect the University or the athletic program. [/b]
That sums up my impression from listening to what Pac sez and how he sez it. But if we win (big and often), this and other crap won't matter, will it?

Dosen’t respect the program or university. Well packer, proud clemson grad, why don’t we talk about how god awful miserable your program was except for the ho grant/dale davis/ elden campbell days. Wasn’t clemson under investigation during those days and wasn’t rick barnes widely regarded as one of the biggest a-holes in ACC basketball history, a guy with 0 class, he sure changed at texas apparently. Charlotte is a school that has made leaps and bounds year by year athletically and academically. I know I’m preaching to to the choir but if packer would get off his fat “I’m only here because of my daddy” ass and actually see how much has changed at UNCC, even in the past year, oh who am I kidding, he’ll always be an ignorant ass.

BTW, QCB dosen’t hate the university, he just hates any form of education or information, won’t touch the stuff.