49ers Men's Soccer ⚽

Kyle Parker scored for NYCFC last night. Really cool moment. Proud of these guys.

Hope he gets called up more often, quite talented to be wasted.

Win is a win, three points is three points.

Not the best of performances due to the weather but the boys did well otherwise.

I do wonder what happened to Steadman? Have not seen him since Winthrop.

Big test on Tuesday, hope the boys rest up and prepare well. Should be a cracker of a match. :slight_smile:

[quote=“PresentNiner, post:2843, topic:25684”]Win is a win, three points is three points.

Not the best of performances due to the weather but the boys did well otherwise.

I do wonder what happened to Steadman? Have not seen him since Winthrop.

Big test on Tuesday, hope the boys rest up and prepare well. Should be a cracker of a match. :)[/quote]

For those not there and too lazy to look up the results :), we won the game 2-1 by scoring on 2 PKs. Luckily, the rain subsided shortly before the game began and held out until a drizzle started falling about the time the game ended. We all know it never rains on a 49er sporting event.

Tonight’s game at Clemson is on ESPN3 (watchESPN). There is a link at Charlotte 49ers.com.

Looks like they pulled it out against #3 Clemson! 1-0 Niners! Def should help the rankings

[quote=“charlottewkndbuzz, post:2846, topic:25684”]Looks like they pulled it out against #3 Clemson! 1-0 Niners! Def should help the rankings[/quote] Anybody watch this game? How were our keeper’s saves? Routine or brilliant?

Solid defensive effort to keep the clean sheet and to Daniel Bruce to get past the keeper and get on the scoresheet.

Offensively, not the best of matches as I knew coming into it that Clemson could connect passes quite well in small areas.

We definitely played defensively so I will just give them credit. Thought we had another injury with Sean Bowman, but right now, I do not know much about Rojas or Steadman.

Good job lads in getting the three points away. Another good test against virginia Tech (another cracker of a match). :slight_smile:

Most routine, but last 20 minutes were well for Panicco and the backline. Did well all game and even got to see Wilson at right-back.

Most routine, but last 20 minutes were well for Panicco and the backline. Did well all game and even got to see Wilson at right-back.[/quote]

I thought there was one that was particularly well struck and we were fortunate to save. We’re really fortunate to have Cech for another 3 years.

Overall Clemson looked like a team that was worthy of its ranking but they just couldn’t find the net whereas we did. Wouldn’t call it an upset, just a well fought match where we came out on top.

Most routine, but last 20 minutes were well for Panicco and the backline. Did well all game and even got to see Wilson at right-back.[/quote]

I thought there was one that was particularly well struck and Clemson had the unfortunate circumstance of firing at a supremely skilled goal keeper, who made an effortless save. We’re really fortunate to have Cech for another 3 years.

Overall Clemson looked like a team that was worthy of its ranking but they just couldn’t find the net whereas we did. Wouldn’t call it an upset, just a well fought match where we came out on top.[/quote]

Fixed it for you

The new poll from Top Drawer Soccer is out. We moved up to #11, while Clemson, who we beat, remained in the top 5 at #4. NSCAA rankings will be out tomorrow. As per RPI we currently sit at #10. Important road game at Virginia Tech(RV) on Tuesday and a home conference game against UAB on Saturday.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-men/d1/ncaa-mens-soccer-rpi

[quote=“Andy9911, post:2852, topic:25684”]The new poll from Top Drawer Soccer is out. We moved up to #11, while Clemson, who we beat, remained in the top 5 at #4. NSCAA rankings will be out tomorrow. As per RPI we currently sit at #10. Important road game at Virginia Tech(RV) on Tuesday and a home conference game against UAB on Saturday.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-national-rankings/men

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-men/d1/ncaa-mens-soccer-rpi[/quote] Top Drawer rankings are bogus.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:2853, topic:25684”][quote=“Andy9911, post:2852, topic:25684”]The new poll from Top Drawer Soccer is out. We moved up to #11, while Clemson, who we beat, remained in the top 5 at #4. NSCAA rankings will be out tomorrow. As per RPI we currently sit at #10. Important road game at Virginia Tech(RV) on Tuesday and a home conference game against UAB on Saturday.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-national-rankings/men

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-men/d1/ncaa-mens-soccer-rpi[/quote] Top Drawer rankings are bogus.[/quote]

There are similarities between Top Drawer and the O.

I prefer to think of it as a loss to us isn’t a bad loss for Clemson and leave it at that. The committee will probably give us our due, given our performance over the past several years.

Anyone else notice that our own Athletics page (charlotte49ers.com) uses headline stating how we are playing at #23 VT but NEVER ONCE mentions our ranking? ??? ::slight_smile: That is very much “Observer-like”.

[quote=“919R, post:2856, topic:25684”]Anyone else notice that our own Athletics page (charlotte49ers.com) uses headline stating how we are playing at #23 VT but NEVER ONCE mentions our ranking? ??? ::slight_smile: That is very much “Observer-like”.[/quote] Except for the mention at the end of our #10 rpi and Top Drawer ranking, you are absolutely correct.

Scoreless draw at Va Tech. Each keeper had 5 saves. Sounds like, on the surface of it, a fair result. Shouldn’t hurt us in the human rankings or the RPI.

clt says too bad that we were not about to pull the upset on the pitch.

Should college soccer should start having TIE-breakers as a way to have fewer DRAWS?