49ers Men's Soccer โšฝ

Shaky start.

Off target passing.

Not marking attackers.

Freaking Clemson is pushing 10 into our half of the field and the keeper is standing at the damn 40 yard line.

I am BEGGING one of our guys to kick it over his head.

Great crowd here

I wanna be positive but 90% of that half was played in our defensive end.

Clemson is playing with absolute hubris.

If we have any pride, we come out in the second half and make them pay for playing zero defense.

Clemson 1
Niners 0

It was way more one sided than the score would indicate. Clemson forwards are lighting fast. Easy to see how they won a national championship.

We couldnโ€™t deal with their speed at all. They were techy too, but mostly they were fast as hell and we had trouble with it all night.

I donโ€™t enjoy pointing fingers but we struggled at left back all night.

We looked to be a team not yet jelled. Looking at the roster, lots of first year players. Exhibitons should help us grow up fast.
Iโ€™d wager that Clemson learned absolutely nothing new about their side, nor do they really need to.

Luckily it was preseason so thatโ€™s a great learning experience for us. We looked terrible in possession and Iโ€™m sure we will be working on it in practice. Clemson are a great team to learn lessons against. Iโ€™m a little concerned about how big the losses of Riyan Tori (injury) and Nyandjo (Crown Legacy) will be

1 Like
6 Likes

Same news. Different tweet.

1 Like

No results from Charlottesville that I can find. Their twitter account makes no mention of the score,. but lacks any picture of them celebrating a goal, so we must have done OK

2 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

Coaches Menโ€™s Preseason Top 25:

https://unitedsoccercoaches.org/rankings/college-rankings/ncaa-di-men/

TDS Menโ€™s Preseason Top 25:

TDS Preseason Top 100 players:
โ€ข Ian Pilcher #44
โ€ข Riyan Tori #61

No representation from the AAC, meanwhile multiple Sun Belt teams. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

And the only conference team that received a vote - Memphis - lost their season opener at home last night to Lipscomb 2-1 in spite of outshooting the Bisons 18-11 (8-5 SoT).

Lets Go GIF by The Roku Channel

0-0 at the half. Not a lot of offense by either side.

FWIW, see the Cats were picked #7 (of 14) in the A-10 preseason poll.