• 0-10
  • 11-20
  • 21-30
  • 31-40
  • 40-50
  • 50+

0 voters

I applaud CLTā€™s optimism.

Early returns suggest the consensus is something like a 35-24 type game.

Line is down to 17. O/U is 60.5. Would be a tough parlay.

Thatā€™s a ton of movement to go to 17.

When I first saw the initial spread I was perturbed. Seeing it drop only to 17 I hate it, but I realized the oddsmakers probably saw our bowl game and went from there. However I have seen a HS team beat a team 43-0 in the next to last game of the regular season and then lose to the same team 21-18 in the first game of the playoffs. Keeping hope alive for an upset. Appy knows ALL about upsets. Right?

Buffalo was built to beat us. They had 2 fantastic backs and a good offensive line and we were paper thin at DT/DL . They pounded us with the run game and we couldnt stop them.

The same question has to be answered at App. We have some new pieces up front, but did lose Highsmith. I donā€™t think there is much subtlety here. Can we stop App at the LOS, whether itā€™s containing the run, or getting pressure on their talented QB so he doesnā€™t tear up our secondary or scamper for 1st downs? If we can, we have a chance. If we cannot, the line might be too low.

On the other side of the ball, I am having trouble remembering my impressions of Apps defense last year. They had one guy that was kinda beastly and made a lot of plays. But it looks like he is gone now? On paper they seem to be a little light at some positions. Not a lot, just a little. I would really like to see us handle the offensive LOS. That would set a really positive tone.

1st game of the season is always tough for the team thatā€™s supposed to be good because theyā€™re coming out of the gate cold just like everyone else. If we can be the team that applies the pressureā€¦ out-tough and out-effort them out of the gate we could do to App what our bball team did to Syracuse in their home opener coming off winning the NCAA title.

Punch em in the mouth and see what happensā€¦

1 Like