49er's to play in Grady Cole Summer League

Nah didnā€™t recognize anyone that our guys were playing against. And yes, for a former NBA player, McInnis is not very good. He made some nice shots tonight though.

i would love to hear a recap from anyone else that was there tonight.

[quote=ā€œninerfan55, post:62, topic:23473ā€]i would love to hear a recap from anyone else that was there tonight.[/quote]I echo what Chisox said.

About Briscoe: The knee-jerk reaction is to say heā€™s selfish. But remember he paid his own way as a ā€˜walk-onā€™ with our team last year as an out-of-stater. Does that strike you as selfish? Heā€™s just got to remember a lot of these guys know each other and have been playing together for years.

[quote=ā€œNLP, post:63, topic:23473ā€][quote=ā€œninerfan55, post:62, topic:23473ā€]i would love to hear a recap from anyone else that was there tonight.[/quote]I echo what Chisox said.

About Briscoe: The knee-jerk reaction is to say heā€™s selfish. But remember he paid his own way as a ā€˜walk-onā€™ with our team last year as an out-of-stater. Does that strike you as selfish? Heā€™s just got to remember a lot of these guys know each other and have been playing together for years.[/quote]

i understand that but i donā€™t think there is an excuse for what he did. also, what is your analysis of how everyone played?

The Briscoe thing makes me nervous. I hope Major addresses it with him. Even if it wasnā€™t Charlotte 49er basketball, you still donā€™t do that out there because it makes Charlotte 49er basketball look bad.

Briscoe needs to get this shit out of his system NOW. Thereā€™s still plenty of time before November.

Briscoe needs to get this s*** out of his system NOW. Thereā€™s still plenty of time before November.[/quote]

Dueceā€™s behavior tonight completely unacceptable and out of character. Dont get nervous guys this was a first, a lesson learned and itā€™s highly unlikely youā€™ll see that reaction again.

The kid obviously really wanted and expected to have an unbiased opportunity to play tonight.This being his 1st time before Charlotte fans and public. If not starters minutes at least equal minutes. When that did not happen, competitive drive and emotion became an issue. We want and need high profile, skilled athletes like Briscoe, who have that extreme desire to compete. However they also need to be able to handle adversity in a mature and responsible way.

Duece will bounce back and iā€™m confident that we 49er fans will be very proud of him on and off the court. If he plays tomorrow lets hope the coach gives him more PT. From what Chisox says he played very well in the 5 minutes he got and deserves to play more. Even if he is the new kid on the block.

Chisox thanks for the updates I FEEL LIKE Iā€™M ON THE FRONT ROW. ;D

sokool, thanks for the response, and I hope youā€™re right. Hopefully this was an isolated incident. Like I said, I completely agree that it was BS that he barely played in the first half. However he needs to realize thereā€™s a much more mature way to handle the situation. And no problem for the updates, I love doing it! And a big thanks to moss for keeping me upated about whoā€™s playing and when.

Iā€™m not disagreeing that he couldnā€™t have handled it better, but we have no idea what transpired on the floor to make him react that way.

Hope heā€™s not a head case, but Iā€™ve played on teams like these before and not got to play much and it pissed me off too. I didnā€™t make a scene, I just didnā€™t go back.

Letā€™s wait and see how things play out before jumping to conclusions. As NLP said, this kid paid his way for a year to be here, letā€™s give him a chance.

[quote=ā€œhootie, post:70, topic:23473ā€]Hope heā€™s not a head case, but Iā€™ve played on teams like these before and not got to play much and it pissed me off too. I didnā€™t make a scene, I just didnā€™t go back.[/quote]It wasnā€™t a scene. We just noticed because weā€™re there specifically to see him. He was still talking to his teammates on the bench, just didnā€™t want to have anything to do with the 'coachā€™
The coach is that ā€œOld Schoolā€ guy whoā€™s been playing in that league for a million years and has the salt and pepper hair thatā€™s more salt than pepper now.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I am not a Jeff McInnis fan. But to be fair, dude has to be 35+ now. Itā€™s not like youā€™re seeing a 25 year old McInnis. Anybody that has a 10+ NBA career has to be decent.

[quote=ā€œNLP, post:72, topic:23473ā€][quote=ā€œhootie, post:70, topic:23473ā€]Hope heā€™s not a head case, but Iā€™ve played on teams like these before and not got to play much and it pissed me off too. I didnā€™t make a scene, I just didnā€™t go back.[/quote]It wasnā€™t a scene. We just noticed because weā€™re there specifically to see him. He was still talking to his teammates on the bench, just didnā€™t want to have anything to do with the 'coachā€™
The coach is that ā€œOld Schoolā€ guy whoā€™s been playing in that league for a million years and has the salt and pepper hair thatā€™s more salt than pepper now.[/quote]

Yeah, I donā€™t get the impression he is selfish either. It was an isolated event at what is basically organized pick up games.

[quote=ā€œPowerbait, post:74, topic:23473ā€][quote=ā€œNLP, post:72, topic:23473ā€][quote=ā€œhootie, post:70, topic:23473ā€]Hope heā€™s not a head case, but Iā€™ve played on teams like these before and not got to play much and it pissed me off too. I didnā€™t make a scene, I just didnā€™t go back.[/quote]It wasnā€™t a scene. We just noticed because weā€™re there specifically to see him. He was still talking to his teammates on the bench, just didnā€™t want to have anything to do with the 'coachā€™
The coach is that ā€œOld Schoolā€ guy whoā€™s been playing in that league for a million years and has the salt and pepper hair thatā€™s more salt than pepper now.[/quote]

Yeah, I donā€™t get the impression he is selfish either. It was an isolated event at what is basically organized pick up games.[/quote]

NLP how did Briscoe look in the time he played? Ballhandling,passing,scoring ect.

Too small a sample size to really go by but it seems to me he can break people down fairly easy to get his shot. The one shot he took (and made) he broke down his guy and pulled up and hit a smooth mid-range jumper.
Derrio looked really good too. His passing was good by even Summer League standards. Weā€™ll have a fun backcourt to watch. I just hope they can get it done defensively.

As for McInnis, I consider him a reformed Tar Heel. Heā€™s so much more about Charlotte and the community than he is anything Chapel Hill. Iā€™ve never seen him make any sort of reference to those days whatsoever. Couple that with him basically sponsoring the league for several years in a row and heā€™s all right with me. Basketball-wise, what Normmm said.

I like how this thread went from ā€œYou canā€™t gauge anything from these gamesā€ to ā€œOur season is overā€ in 4 short pages. :slight_smile:

So if Duece acts up tonight, how many of us are on suicide watch? :))

The young guys and first timers definitely get shafted in that league. I can see that happening to both Mayfield and Briscoe. Glad Mayfield handled it well. They have to earn it the PT, even in this league but itā€™s also who knows who.

So Demario showed some stuff in the time he was in? Good size, athleticism?

Hey Chisox17, did you go see Cheryl? :))