49er's to play in Grady Cole Summer League

Sources say members of the 49er mens basketball team have been cleared to play in the Grady Cole Summer League. :slight_smile:

What kind of league is this? Is this league also called the Charlotte Pro Am? What is the level/quality of talent like?

They do this every year. Level of competition is very good, but they don’t play defense and it’s not really a good way to judge players’ abilities. Fun to watch them in action though.

Is this the league also called THE CHARLOTTE PRO AM?

Thats what I’ve always heard it called. It also used to go by Jeff McGinnis Summer League or something like that.

Will Deuce be playing or is he still planning to play in Durham?

Some here, like Pcon, are on it every year and usually post the info and the schedule as soon as they become available.

[quote=“cdsniner, post:5, topic:23473”]Thats what I’ve always heard it called. It also used to go by Jeff McGinnis Summer League or something like that.

Will Deuce be playing or is he still planning to play in Durham?[/quote]

It’s likely that he will play in Charlotte with his teammates.

I go to as many games of this as I can each year. Been going since back when Vincent Grier was dunking on chumps in it. As has been stated, there is zero defense, so it’s tough to gauge talent. Example: I saw Sean Phaler drop about 35 points one game. The crowd was calling him “Dirk” by the time it ended. Also saw Antwon Coleman go off for close to 30 one time. You get the point. Having said that, it’s still a fun thing to go to, as it is a good way to get your Niners bball fix during the off season.

Just a heads up, rosters and schedules are a complete crapshoot. I can’t stress that point enough. It’s really frustrating. They always change during the season, and NEVER match what’s posted.

I live maybe 5 min, if that, from the Grady Cole center now. I will get to as many games as I can this summer and keep you guys that can’t make it updated.

Antwon scoring 30 points…ba ha ha. :stuck_out_tongue:

Who’s Antwon? I tell you, a player I heard dropped 30pts one time was this guy everyone called “dumptruck”

:stuck_out_tongue:

Now you know what we mean when we say there is NO defense in this league.

What’s a 49er’s?

Shamari tweeted that play starts tonight. Trying to get with him and Braz to see what teams they are on.

This is great news and HOPEFULLY they all will play on the same team this year. It never made sense how they were split up other years. I will at as many as I can if they are all on one team. WOW!

Yes, this is the Charlotte Pro-Am summer league. It used to have more prestige when more current pros played like Xavier McDaniel, McGinnis, Henry and others. The X-man brought his boys from SC to play in it. Brendan Haywood played some games last year. Raymond Felton and Julius Peppers made some appearances as well.

KC Rivers, Demarco, Withers and others have played recently as well.

Shamari told me there will be a tweet coming out in a few minutes about teams and game times.

I always thought if we just put a cheeseburger on the back of the rim, he’d goto work.

I always thought if we just put a cheeseburger on the back of the rim, he’d goto work.[/quote]

He’d have to use a stack of tires to get to it.

I will definitely be there depending on when I get done. I’m literally right down Kings Dr. from the GCC.

Be warned though, if I recognize anyone from the board you’ll probably go home with a shank in your neck.

[quote=“NLP, post:18, topic:23473”]I will definitely be there depending on when I get done. I’m literally right down Kings Dr. from the GCC.

Be warned though, if I recognize anyone from the board you’ll probably go home with a shank in your neck.[/quote]

Ok, with NLP and Chi living close by this should become more than just a basketball game. We’re expecting pre and post game bashes.

Me and NLP cause trouble wherever we go. It’s what we do.