49ers Unveil Athletics Facilities Master Vision

That would be a great board at the Hayes, plenty of size for college baseball!

1 Like

When can we realistically expect to see the start of phase 1 of Richardson Stadium expansion? In one or two years from now?

If the money is there, starting this off season I think is very likely.

3 Likes

we need it to be this off-season to distract fans from the disaster we are witnessing.

1 Like

Kinda impatient for news to leak to the public on this. We need some positivity for a change.

That challenge gift is likely a very big deal, and may push us into Phase 1/1A/2 levels. Especially if it is being discussed in closed session.

New video board and sound system also a huge deal. Our PA is terrible.

8 Likes

New PA system doesn’t get installed without upper deck - just something to consiser

3 Likes

Its Happening GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

Whenever I get too bummed about this season I remember that pic :heart_eyes:, that’s beautiful.

1 Like

Posted some interviews in the softball thread. Sounds like they are pretty close to breaking ground on the softball clubhouse.

3 Likes

Maybe one of these decades we will get around to building revenue sports facilities.

4 Likes

I get the feeling on that - but many of the non rev facilities that have been built are due to those individual programs raising their own funds and creating new donors.

4 Likes

Yeah. Softball happened outside of the Evergreen plan and the money was already in place.

It is amazing the money we can raise for non-money generating sports. Can we get the tennis and softball fund raisers to help with football and basketball since they do such a nice job?

UNC system endorses our focus on non revenue sports. We need to stay in our lane and play our role. Leave the revenue sport to the big boys. Do not infringe on their domain.

1 Like

The counter is those programs are not exactly well funded by the AD so if they want something they often have to go find their own money.

This place is amazing. We are about the break ground on a new facility and people are bitching about it.

The softball clubhouse costs $3.25 mill, most of which was already raised. What does that look like compared to the football expansion costs of $ 82 million? A good chunk of that is already raised too.

9 Likes

jennie finch daigle dwts GIF by Dancing with the Stars

I am excited about new facilities. However, we desperately need to expand our football stadium. How much have we raised? Time is of the essence.

We have raised a lot.

4 Likes

The softball facility is an indirect cost of football. No football, no WLAX. No WLAX, no need for new locker rooms.

Donor: “I’d like to write you a check for the softball facility. I think I can pretty much cover the entire thing.”

Mike Hill: “Let me see what NN.N thinks and get back to you.” :roll_eyes:

13 Likes