49ers Unveil Athletics Facilities Master Vision

the way everything is presented in the plan (and worded) indicates the Soccer and Lacrosse Stadium is one facility/stadium/field (not 2). ???

Those renderings show lacrosse line markings on the soccer field. I’m sure the plan is to have both play there. Maybe the lacrosse stadium is more of a long term goal, once field hockey (?) is added if it ever is.

https://twitter.com/ChancellorGaber/status/1547940976055881730

…in time for the 2022 @CharlotteFTBL season

3 Likes

$10 million seems above and beyond (not complaining) what a tailgate lot would cost…what type of facilities will be constructed here? Restrooms, etc.?

I’d think some of that may be going to other projects.

1 Like

Yeah, I think the Alumni Pavililion was around $1- 1.5 mill in 2015. I’d expect the student area to be around $5 mill at most. Beyond the structure, it’s mostly grading and adding electical lines for the power pedestals.

By the way, we are 49 days away from the first tailgate!!

7 Likes

I’d rather have baseball upgraded.

4 Likes

I would imagine a lot of the cost is going into grading that area. The whole thing is hilly and full of granite deposits.

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea how the funding is going? I checked the website and it only shows one line item being paid for.

Funding for the master plan will be a lot farther along if I win MegaMillions tonight

4 Likes

Trying to buy that jackpot. I respect the effort.

Master plan funding and new field house name if I win!

2 Likes

Probably my last day working once my numbers are drawn tonight

I guess completion estimation was a bit off on this

Looks like some news on Evergreen.

4 Likes

Replacing football scoreboard for aruguably our worst team before replacing baseball scoreboard from the preinternet era for one of our best teams? WTF? I can only hope I’m misunderstanding the timing of these replacements.

1 Like

I know at one point it was floated moving football over to baseball.

3 Likes

clt says challenge gift?

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I think that would be the best bang for the buck.

The football scoreboard would look great in the baseball stadium.