49ers Unveil Athletics Facilities Master Vision

How much were bricks?

I think $49.

2 Likes

Yeah i agree.! My daughter loves seeing her brick. Probably increasing price to like 149 would make it more viable.

4 Likes

Yea nice of them to charge $49 for the sentimental piece of it but at minimum they should be $149.

1 Like

They should be free for any of us dumb enough to still have hope.

Just kidding, just kidding….

I would pay $149!

You have to remember the Halton bricks were done nearly 30 years ago (1995-96).

1 Like

Our brick at Halton is completely worn out and can’t be read. The one at the Alumni House and Alumni Pavilion are still okay. It’s all for the benefit of the school so all is good and I’m glad we could afford the brick at Halton those many long years ago. Keep it as low as possible so many others can contribute and feel a part of the school after they leave.

Mine is under the roof at Halton so still in good shape.

I think palcques similar to the fsl ones are a better route. Easier to manage and install and ages better.

Agree. Much cheaper to produce on a per name basis too. Engraving thousands of bricks can’t be a quick process compared to a single plaque with hundreds of names.

Yeah, i like the plaques better too.

1 Like

clt says renderings of expansion are unconfirmed

1 Like

Nice !

I was just perusing the Master Plan again and noticed something that I didn’t catch before. In this image, can anyone tell me what the “stands” are just behind/under the number “12” ? We don’t have any stands in that area now do we? The new soccer/lacrosse stadium is number “5” in this image.

Those are intramural fields now, so maybe they’re just planning on putting in some basic stands for people to watch intramural events?

it looks pretty significant with a press box and a video board. You can see lacrosse nets set up and on the back of the scoreboard it says LACROSSE.

3 Likes

I brought this up a while back, its definitely a lax specific stadium. I wonder if Hill has a men’s lax team on the radar at some point?

Sneaking something in on us there, then?

1 Like

Thats what I though too Mr. Bo…doesn’t seem to make sense though, as the other facility is being called the “scoccer/lacrosse” stadium.

Isn’t new soccer stadium for womens field hockey as well and the other stadium is lacrosse?