49ers Unveil Athletics Facilities Master Vision

Looks like they plan on reconfiguring the softball stadium. The plate will be moved to LF to match the baseball field sun configuration.

2 Likes

baseball stadium expansion looks awesome

Makes a big visual difference and it’s probably the most economical of all the major upgrades.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2022/05/24/unc-charlotte-charlotte-49ers-hok-jenkins-peer.html

I have been waiting to see these plans for 2 years-----now that I have seen them, I give Hill credit for some great designs. I love all of them. Football stadium looks great! I’ll even be happy if we sit at 21,000 for a year or 2, assuming we get to 21,000 within the next 1-2 years. I love how the “tower” and club seats look----even from the outside of stadium view…Also, the baseball and softball stadiums look bad ass-----I realize these are Phase 2, but they look gooooooood.

Also noticing that the Halton locker rooms are phase 1, but not the other upgrades.

I really hope the new football press box has a team store in it. I didn’t see one yet.

Awesome pretty pictures. Need that money to make it matter.

2 Likes

How much do we have so far?

I do not know - but if we follow capital fundraising standards they announced a phase 1 of 100 mil I would think we have at min 50 mil. I know we have collected a few really large amounts.

This make the stadium way more impressive. I would think Big Cat is on board with more but I have no inside info on that.

3 Likes

clt asks the most important question.

how does this impact the Bojangles inside the stadium?

I didn’t get my stadium roof… I’m just happy about the announcement.

That has to come after Phase III

Football Stadium expansion- $81.3 million
Baseball Clubhouse - $6.975 million
New Soccer/ Lacrosse Stadium - $6.825 million
Softball Clubhouse - $3.25 million
Basketball Locker rooms- $2.6 million
Football Locker room upgrades - $1 million (already completed)

Im surprise the baseball upgrade is the second most expensive. I know it’s a a different time but that’s more than the stadium cost to build isn’t it?

clt says updated university master plan mentioned by hill, Belk Tower 2.0?

JRS phase 1A would make a huge improvement in how we look on TV and in general. I hope we get there quickly.

Overall everything looks nice and continues our tradition of very nice facilities across campus.

Very pleased. Will be cracking open the old checkbook!

To be clear that is just Phase 1 for football. 18k seats. That’s the new press box and seats attached directly to it, only, for $81M.

Not even sure it’s Phase 1a - 21k seats, which is installing permanent seats that are roughly the same as the temp ones we brought in.

Hill didn’t really get asked or answer any meaningful questions. I think we know most of the answers, but it would be helpful to hear them confirmed.

The closest thing he said to getting to 30k seats is “if we can skip directly to that (get enough finding), we will”. Or something close to that.

Hopefully the baseball stadium renovation includes an upgraded scoreboard.

3 Likes