49ers Unveil Athletics Facilities Master Vision

Good Day GIF

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens this off-season. Softball, too. :wink:

2 Likes

From what i read, it got us to 30k, no?

Id look at it this way - if capital campaign finances are followed then we have over 50 mil already committed to announce a 100 mil phase and based on what I have heard we are likely ahead of that for all phase 1 projects. I think 30k in the next 2.5 years is absolutely realistic and plausible.

3 Likes

Everything from top to bottom of the plan looks great! I wish I had more money to give. May have to stock up on some lotto tix.

Mike talked candidly about wanting to be transparent, then with Covid it bit him in the ass. I hope everyone here that griped gets on board and supports this project. This could be the start of what sends us to finally reach our “potential”.

8 Likes

As much as I like the original 40k expansion design, this expansion/upgrade to the football stadium really helps us to shed our FCS image, with our logo change and eventual 30K stadium, we look the part, and with the proposed expansion/upgrades to Halton, Hayes, a new Soccer facility, and an already new and modern tennis facility, we are from a facility standpoint, one of the most well balanced, new and modern programs regionally, and this enhances our program image across the board and will pay off in recruiting down the road

2 Likes

Could not be more excited. Hope we can get started on construction promptly. Sooner the better!

3 Likes

No, phase 1 is 18k and is just the press box and attached seats. That phase of just the football expansion is going to cost $81,000,000 and will look like this:

Then there is a “Phase 1A” which Mike hasn’t cleared up yet… Is that included in the $81M? It will be 21k seats and look like this:

Finally, the full expansion is Phase 2, a phase that I do not believe we have raised a single penny for yet. No price tag either. It will seat 30k and will look like this:

I know this is probably redundant, but I wanted to clear it up for anyone who is confused. The lion’s share of the initial fundraising is going towards that press box. Anything we do after that is probably yet another fundraising campaign.

There’s also a 46k version, which I guess would be a phase 3?

That one right there is a Big 12 caliber stadium. 3rd deck and beefed up external facade.

3 Likes

Based on what I have been told the funding we have raised thus far is for phase 1 in total and is included in the 81 for sure. I believe the 81 estimate is to go to 30k though, I could be wrong. I’ll see if i can get clarity on that!

1 Like

Very nice. Now

1. I hope we win much more
  2. I hope many more people come to the games.
3 Likes

81M figure is to go to 30k confirmed

3 Likes

The wording on the website is a bit confusing - it says Phase 1 upgrades get us to 30k, but the rendering showing the 30k calls it out as Phase 2. I think 30k is included with the $81 million number and $101 million overall number, but they broke it out as “Phase 2” for constructability reasons.

I am only through looking at the football upgrades, but this definitely makes us look big time! Its great to have our own plan instead of continually seeing others…its been worth the wait!!

You are correct!

Sooo glad this has finally been released. Exciting stuff.

That’s awesome to hear. I then assume that with 50M already raised we should be able to start the 21k expansion sooner than most expected.

Part of the goal was to have enough money on hand to start building very quickly and not just release a set of dream pictures that doesn’t mean crap and hope money comes. Without knowing exactly how much they have I would venture to say yes they likely have enough to start building in a short timeframe.

4 Likes

clt says that is a SEC stadium…

clt has one complaint, where is the Matt Stafford statue in the renderings?

Building out this arena will help increase attendance. People will want to come to this venue. Charlotte is definitely on the way up!!!

1 Like

Hoping Centene gets behind it program. Very large company with lots of financial resources right across the street from our university. They could have a huge impact in moving us forward.

2 Likes