49ers Unveil Athletics Facilities Master Vision

So, in the articles that I read about our master plan, they are calling for “enhancements” to Halton, and locker room upgrades, the pics show arena expansion plans, is this proposed expansion part of phase 2 or even phase 3, and is there any information on how many new seats will be added and what the proposed capacity will now be at after expansion

Halton doesn’t really seem like an expansion as much as it just seems like an upgrade from what I see in the renderings. With the addition of club seats, it might even be a capacity reduction since those will likely be a little bigger.

5 Likes

Hill must be a pretty good salesman to try to get 100 mill with the shit we’re putting between the lines.

2 Likes
1 Like

I am surprised there isn’t a team store as part of the Halton upgrade.

Also, there appears to be a lower ceiling to be added to the south grandstands. I don’t necessarily dislike it, just having a hard time visualizing how that will fit in.

Im curious what kind of corporate support he can land. Sponsorships or buying suites or additional naming of things. I’m sure we have wealthy donors that have kicked in big money. I know of a few. The corporate community in Charlotte though is where we can start putting distance between us and App and ECU. If he can sell them on where we are it’s a game changer and it’s where I don’t think Judy put fourth much effort.

The additional media coverage that comes with AAC and more high profile games are a huge advantage with that.

7 Likes

With all the corporations in Charlotte, there has to be a market for it. You’d think the banks/centene/Lowe’s would love to have another place to smooze their people. Especially with future games against App, ECU, Cheat and many others.

1 Like

Look at the new naming rights lists they made. Something like $31 million for football alone.

Also, this:

4 Likes

clt says this will help Heals with the croots bigly

Mr. Tepper has a few bucks as well…
Maybe he can buy Jerrys name off the building :grin:

1 Like

Only if we agree to rename to Tepper University.

I am hoping that the fact that Jerry’s name is still there means we have more coming from him at some point.

2 Likes

David Tepper Indoor practice facility or David Tepper Tower at Jerry Richardson Stadium could work as well. As long as that money is flowing I don’t care who’s name is on it!

In fact, The David Tepper Soccer Complex has a really nice ring to. :soccer:

2 Likes

I finally got to look through everything. The only complaint I think I have is that the soccer stadium doesn’t have enough seats and doesn’t look very expandable. We’ve had larger crowds and we have a consistently ranked team. Stadium is fine for most matches, but what do they do when we have larger ones?

1 Like

Does it not have two large SRO sections on either side of the stands?

Those could handle a lot of people, standing, or expanding the seats.

We should have a good home field advantage.

Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but it looks like Phase I will actually cut a few rows of seating in both north corners and eliminate the three free-standing concessions buildings.

I think he is still making payments on his original commitment.

Another interesting thing is the chair backs that are in the corner on the away side. I wonder if that’s one of Hill’s strategies to have the section filled during games?

clt says this master plan is going to be as analyzed as the zapruder film

3 Likes

It was a million a year for 10 years if I recall