49ers Unveil Athletics Facilities Master Vision

Yesterday’s top-viewed story on the CBJ website: [Charlotte 49ers to double football stadium capacity as part of $100 million plan for athletics growth]

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Daily musings and oddities

I love what I’m seeing and am glad we’re doing the premium seating immediately. That will make the stadium feel bigger than the 21k capacity.

Couple of thoughts since I have had time to look the plan over.

First, I like it a lot. No major complaints with designs or phases. Really like the renderings but wish they had added a virtual flyover of football or something a bit splashier. Overall really strong and great media coverage.

Second, everyone needs to understand the a rendering is a DRAFT. Some of the comments about seat backs and the statue are taking these too literally. These are a vision (Hill said so on his ESPN radio interview) and the final product will absolutely have variations. Point being - do not get hung up on the details because the renderings are meant to help Hill raise funds and coaches recruit, but they are not construction documents.

Third, I need to seriously consider my donation level and if I can afford premium seats for football and basketball. I have three tickets now for my family and we will not be having more kids so I wonder if I need to go to 4 just to be able to bring friends or not. And having just finished my first year as a Hornets season ticket holder with loge box seats, the premium seats were so worth it. No idea what they will cost but for football, to have inside club access would be ideal and for basketball it looks like those seats will be guaranteed in the center sections.

Lastly, people better get ready for some shifting of seats. Club ranking will matter but new donors can come in and jump you with significant cash donations and in order to make room for club seating, it could mean FSL and Basketball seats are reassigned, moved or adjusted. Of course some will be pissed but it will need to happen over time as the expansions and upgrades are completed. Good problem to have in my book.

2 Likes

FSL location can not change as long as you make the required 250 donation. They may increase that some but I don’t see it making a huge jump.

We were getting ready to re-seat Halton anyway. Was going to happen before last year.

So if I’m looking at Halton correctly students are going to swap sides?

What is a loge box?

Loge Boxes - Think of a loge box as a hybrid between a suite and premium season tickets. A loge box at PNC Arena gives you the exclusivity of a semi-private area with the ability to entertain in an all-inclusive environment to every event at PNC Arena with four to eight of your guests.

That’s another sport… Here is what University of Houston calls a Loge Box:

And this is what App calls a Loge Box:

Now, just don’t ask me how to pronounce it. I have only ever read that term. Never heard anyone say it.

1 Like

loge = lōZH

Anything interesting in the article? I don’t feel like giving the Observer any money.

2 Likes

clt isn’t giving the observer a ruble

https://twitter.com/Hwy49Podcast/status/1529846660389560321

2 Likes

Side note…if you happen to have the apple news service you get access to Charlotte O and N&O through the apple news app.

1 Like

Love it all! Baseball is amazing. Imagine driving through campus and looking at the improved baseball stadium. Huge impact.

We are becoming big time!

2 Likes

This plan is awesome! With that said, I would have thought the football indoor practice facility would have had a more priority, and been put in phase 1. Would love to hear some other people’s thoughts on that. I am definitely not wanting to sound like I am complaining. Hill did awesome!

2 Likes

IPF likely wasn’t a priority for conference like stadium is nor is it something as needed as new field house or title IX driven new stadium for lacrosse. IPF is a needed amenity but not required.

1 Like

New soccer complex will be greatly appreciated. With stadium seating situated180° opposite that of Irwin Belk, no more literally staring into the setting sun during 7 PM matches. And no track will put the fans closer to the action. Hopefully Imagine Dragons will be banned too!

2 Likes

A minor quibble. Very much further away from student dorms and parking for oldsters. The new facility, however, will provide a superior experience. May be close enough now to the action to see the blood.

1 Like