6 Weeks of Scrimmages

I heard through a co-worker who does Pop Warner & HS FB Ref, that there organization is going to ref scrimmages for 6 weeks starting tom. through Nov. 17. I’m not sure if it’s open to the public. Does anyone have any inside info. on accessibility?

I would think they are open from what Coach Lambert told me at the Childres Winery Alumni event last week. He actually encouraged fans to come out and relax tailgate style and enjoy the practices. I stopped by one several weeks back. The majority of the practice is held at the field closest to the Field House. There is a parking lot there but you have to work your way through construction to get there, by car or walking… they start at 4pm.

So when are the open scrimmages at the stadium? I first heard last weekend, then I heard it was pushed to this coming weekend. I haven’t heard anything official…are these still going to happen?

Nov. 3 was the latest, but I guess it’s still not 100%
https://twitter.com/davidscott14/status/259784529265451008

@Charlotte49ers: @Hooner49 Stadium still a construction site. Has to be released to athletics per state guidelines. Hard to plan when that date is unknown.

Like I said before, it’s a good thing we don’t play there til 8/31/13 because MAYBE it will be ready by then. SHEEEESH!

Is scrimmage still on for Nov. 3? What time?

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:7, topic:27005”]Is scrimmage still on for Nov. 3? What time?[/quote]As of now, yes till on for Noon.

Did we pass inspection yet, or will we get cancelled again?

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:9, topic:27005”]Did we pass inspection yet, or will we get cancelled again?[/quote]Guess we will find out.

If you haven’t heard anything, the answer’s probably no.

OK why have we not heard this in a legit media outlet, including our own school’s?

OK why have we not heard this in a legit media outlet, including our own school’s?[/quote]

Stealth!

OK why have we not heard this in a legit media outlet, including our own school’s?[/quote]

Because the facility has still not passed inspection. Talked to a project manager yesterday. In fact, he was kicking me out. He was more than ready to pass inspection and be done with the project. Until it passes, our AD can’t advertise.

OK why have we not heard this in a legit media outlet, including our own school’s?[/quote]Because the stadium hasn’t been given the green light yet. Players have been tweeting it, I’ve seen the @Charlotte49ers reply back to them telling them it’s not certain yet (or something along those lines).

Shouldn’t the inspection have passed BEFORE they planned the scrimmage?

If the scrimmage goes on, have the Girl’s B-Ball Exh. right after instead of later that night. No one is making 2 trips.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:16, topic:27005”]Shouldn’t the inspection have passed BEFORE they planned the scrimmage?

If the scrimmage goes on, have the Girl’s B-Ball Exh. right after instead of later that night. No one is making 2 trips.[/quote]

OK Bottom line is there is NO scrimmage scheduled in reality, just in our green optimistic minds where we play these games all the time.
Let me know when it’s REALLY scheduled.

[quote=“49er1, post:17, topic:27005”][quote=“stonecoldken, post:16, topic:27005”]Shouldn’t the inspection have passed BEFORE they planned the scrimmage?

If the scrimmage goes on, have the Girl’s B-Ball Exh. right after instead of later that night. No one is making 2 trips.[/quote]

OK Bottom line is there is NO scrimmage scheduled in reality, just in our green optimistic minds where we play these games all the time.
Let me know when it’s REALLY scheduled.[/quote]

It is scheduled, kinda. If pass inspection, then scrimmage. If no pass, no scrimmage. If pass, bring own toilet.