A-10 men's hoops stats

Decided to take a look at league stats. As one would expect, Niners not fairing that well…

Atlantic10.com: A-10 2008-09 Men’s Hoops Stats

We are 13th out of 14 teams in 3 point shooting % but have shot 24 more 3’s than the next nearest team.

X is the only team in the league that shoots the 3 worse than us and they have shot almost half as many as we have so far. Where again is X in the rankings?

Near the bottom in 3 point % defense.

Can not shoot the 3. Can not defend the 3.

If they suddenly take the 3 point shot away what would Lutz do?

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;366859]We are 13th out of 14 teams in 3 point shooting % but have shot 24 more 3’s than the next nearest team.

X is the only team in the league that shoots the 3 worse than us and they have shot almost half as many as we have so far. Where again is X in the rankings?

If they suddenly take the 3 point shot away what would Lutz do?[/QUOTE]

Don’t be fooled, Lutz diagrams and practices 2 pt play sets, we just can’t sign kids to execute them

[QUOTE=metro;366861]Don’t be fooled, Lutz diagrams and practices 2 pt play sets, we just can’t sign kids to execute them[/QUOTE]

Does that change with Braswell and Spears?

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;366859]We are 13th out of 14 teams in 3 point shooting % but have shot 24 more 3’s than the next nearest team.

If they suddenly take the 3 point shot away what would Lutz do?[/QUOTE]

Shoot long twos?

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;366859]If they suddenly take the 3 point shot away what would Lutz do?[/QUOTE]

Right now, we’d come out ahead on that transaction. We have a pretty decent team for circa 1980 basketball.

[QUOTE=metro;366861]Don’t be fooled, Lutz diagrams and practices 2 pt play sets, we just can’t sign kids to execute them[/QUOTE]

I guess that is back to recruiting again.

I know Lutz knows basketball inside and out but I think his tems are so undiscliplined we end up with what we have had in OT this past Sunday.

Heck I felt like a fool watching Ian on the same set in OT shooting 3 after 3 after 3.

if our guys would learn to use a pump fake, then attach the paint, I think we’d score a lot more. We just settle for half-open shots on the perimeter.

I was looking at team stats last night & couldnt believe that Mack is 7th on the team in mins played. Harris is 1st followed by Coley then Wilderness… It sure seems like Mack is on the floor alot more than Wilderness & Coley. I guess because he is leading the team in TOs with 23. 23 F’n TOs in 151 mins! (Im not looking @ stats right now but pretty sure thats right) Every 6.5 mins Mack touches the ball he turns it over. Something has got to give!

Don't be fooled, Lutz diagrams and practices 2 pt play sets, we just can't sign kids to execute them

That is the biggest crock of **** I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen Middle School talent that can execute two point plays, and yes, they were college level plays. The problem is he has no control over the players. So along those lines, you’re saying that everybody in the A10 has overall better talent than us? We have good talent this year, not great, but good. Mix that with the awesome athletic ability of this team, and we should have a pretty good team. A good coach will find a way to make his team listen and run plays he wants them to run. Also, a good coach will change his strategy to meet the situation he’s in. Lutz’ team is running the plays that he thinks will make us win. He hasn’t changed once the entire time he’s been here. The only difference is we win when we have great players that can make Lutz’ system look good. He gets paid way too much money to not take the responsibility for what HIS teams have looked like the past four years.

He’d have them back up to the next line they saw, wait until they’re guarded, and try to shoot over the person.

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;366878]

Heck I felt like a fool watching Ian on the same set in OT shooting 3 after 3 after 3.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that bothered me more than anything I saw the whole tournament, well that and the ASU game where we didn’t show up.

And the worst part of it!?!?! Bobby actually screamed out SAME THING or SAME PLAY as we pulled down a defensive rebound. Now, there are options off Ian in the corner, but first option is Ian in the corner. :ohmy:

Surprised no one has commented on this stat:

SCORING OFFENSE:
3. Richmond 75.0 ppg
7. Charlotte 71.6 ppg

BTW, UR averaged just under 64 ppg last season. Mooney had talked about “speeding up” his version of the Princeton-offense and so far the Spiders are doing just that. And without their top player to boot!

Surprised no one has commented on this stat:

SCORING OFFENSE:
3. Richmond 75.0 ppg
7. Charlotte 71.6 ppg

BTW, UR averaged just under 64 ppg last season. Mooney had talked about “speeding up” his version of the Princeton-offense and so far the Spiders are doing just that. And without their top player to boot!

What?!? A team playing decent without their best player? I wonder if coaching has anything to do with that?

Imagined basketball introduced the rules from MTV Rock N’ Jock Baseketball? With 10 point shots and 20 ft baskets???