A Decade is Finally Enough

You don’t need to explain yourself here NWA, or apologize to anyone, as you know. People get jelly and ass ume too much

2 Likes

We did not get into the AAC based upon merit, we got the invite based upon the city that our school is located in, the TV market and recruiting base that comes with it, we did nothing on the court/field to deserve our invite, based upon merit alone Marshall, App St, and Coastal Carolina have all earned the position that we received, we should be thankful for the opportunity, but now we have to prove ourselves and live up to the potential, we are not ready for the competition in Conference USA and in 2023 we will be “competing” in the AAC, Mike Hill needs to make the changes now (coaches, facilities, recruiting, coordinators) that he needs to make, we are not ready for the move up and based upon the current trajectory, we are not going to be ready in 2023

1 Like

One thing. Please drop the Covid killed our momentum/arc/trajectory, etc stuff. The pandemic was worldwide, not isolated to Charlotte….

4 Likes

Your talking points always seem to line up with other fanbases.

I compare us to the other in state and regional teams out of jealousy, its one thing to be inferior to UNC, Duke, Wake, and NC State, but its an embarrassment to see some of these other schools have significant success in comparison to us over the years, so if my talking points match up to other fan bases maybe they its because I dont look at our program from a green tinted point of view, and neither do other fan bases, we need to stop candy coated the state of our program, we significantly underachieve compared to other regional and in state programs and that is fact, we need to stop with the unrealistic optimistic mentality that keeps us anchored in mediocrity

clt would have dropped contributions if we ended up in sunbelt or cusa.

AAC is home.

#P6

But, but, but…. We’re in the Charlotte Market!!! We got a big ole airport and look at how many Banks call Charlotte home!

Meanwhile, App is apparently in a cowtown but continues to win conference titles. ECU is in a welfare haven but can pay a coach double what we can. And oh yeah CC won a baseball Natty.

Potential baby!!!

3 Likes

We all are invested so we miss the forest for the trees in some cases but I wonder what the word on the street is from the connected players in the industry. Coaches, Coaches agents, marketing guys, etc. They will make or break you. I had heard from some about Judy but wonder what they think of Hill since he has been here for a track record standpoint now. I assume getting in the AAC is a big positive.

What is your point, my point is, compared to other regional schools in the group of five with similar resources, we significantly underachieve athletically, and based upon merit other schools deserved our bid to the AAC, but we got it and in order to compete at that level we need to reassess and evaluate the product that we put out onto the field/court, so again, what is your point, are you disagreeing with what I am saying

Nope. I’m agreeing with you in my own smart ass way

Potential doesn’t mean shit if you don’t achieve. The last 15 years is the proof in the pudding. We got an invite to a watered down AAC but if we keep up where we’ve been we will just suck ass in a slightly better conference. I’m not totally ready to bail on Healy but if Sanchez doesn’t win 20+ and keeps his job ill be done with Mike Hill too. The contract situation is infuriating but if we are going to compete in the AAC we need the right guy in place starting next year.

Gregg Marshall. I like second chances.

Sarcasm: noun

Essential Meaning of sarcasm

: the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say ***

Well, not exactly the same…we used to lose one, maybe 2 bad games a year…but it was still the exception. It is now the norm.

1 Like

Yes,they do.

Like some fans of other programs, you seem to think that ONLY football success matters. We are not below those schools in most areas, just in the most visible one…unfortunately.

Can you stop this narrative that we didn’t get in based on merit. Merit to get the invite included a lot of dynamics. We didn’t get the invite based on football performance that is the correct statement. We got in based on a variety of things. Potential is one, Market is one, ability to fund raise is one, ability to meet a 50/60 mil budget within 5 years is one, a solid all around program is one, facilities is one, leadership is one, academics is one and more. So stop this crap about App and Coastal and Marshall. We got in on merit.

7 Likes

You nailed this one NWA.

1 Like

I’m glad I live out of town now. The specter of going to a non-entertaining sporting event that usually ends in a loss no longer hangs over me. I guess we were spoiled from 95-05, because everything since has seemed small time.

1 Like

Screw all this.

I don’t care about the style of basketball, so I’m not speaking on that….but we’ve won 14 of our last 20 at home in football. That is success you can see.

I’ve said it a bunch of times. Football isn’t the problem and if you aren’t entertained by our football (even if you don’t like the results in an occasional game) then the issue is yours.

3 Likes

What’s the record of last 20 away games? 4 of the last 5 games have been losses and against cusa teams. I could see how people aren’t entertained by that, especially when investing time and money.