A Decade is Finally Enough

We were 3-8 last year on the road and 3-11 the prior year.

Sanchez is 10-28 in official road games. 0-6 in neutral court games. So 10-34 away from Halton :flushed:

3 Likes

Were you really entertained by Marshall, La Tech, 90% of Rice, WKU & FAU games this year? The offense is on occasion fun to watch but our defense is only entertaining if you are a fan of the opposing team.

1 Like

So, if we were UNC-Statesville, UNC-Lincolnton, or UNC-Shelby, and we had the current enrollment, academic, and athletic status, we would have been plucked to join the AAC, and you are saying that potential and market are earned merits, are there cross comparison numbers regarding fund raising and athletic budgets or is this just speculation, I would say based upon performance that these other schools have every bit of an all around program as us, having the smallest FBS football stadium is not exactly a ringing endorsement for facilities, if our leadership is so overwhelming, than why are we continuously underachieving athletically year in and year out, does leadership have anything to do with that, are we an academic juggernaut compared to these schools, the point is, these other schools are just as deserving of an AAC bid, based upon athletic performance, however we got the bid, and if we were in BOONE, CONWAY, and HUNTINGTON, with our athletic credentials, no way do we get into the AAC, the decision was based upon the city of Charlotte, and its potential based upon its resources, once in a while we have to take off the green tinted glasses and see things for what they really are

Healy is 4-12 away from The Rich and 10-4 at home.

Well, if it’s any consolation, the road out is well worn. My disappointment is for all the graduation classes that have never seen the Niner success I and then my kids witnessed and still remember. Hard to maintain momentum over this many years.

1 Like

Some of y’all can put lipstick on a pig all day but it’s still a fucking pig

4 Likes

Yeah but it is a pretty pig.

I like all the glory days talk on here though. Eventually instead of two decades it’ll be a century ago.

1 Like

I guess we could all be Detroit Lions fans.

I’m more than ready for Hill this holiday season to make his way to the Lutz house, and with hat in hand, ask Bobby to come home and set things right. Lutz needs to lead NinerNation back over to the other side, to lead the Niners and Ninernation back to glory.

1 Like

We will never know why Judy and DeBois did not like Bobby. Some of my best memories was when Bobby was the coach.

Pretty sure Dubois, with a stick up his ass, didn’t like Lutz’s sideline behavior.

1 Like

I like the idea of hiring two up and coming head coaching candidates, well compensated, with Lutz heading them on a short term 3 year contact. Two dogs, one bone, to earn next head coach with preset life-changing bonus for chosen one IF earned…or just be right this next time…

Lutz is not coming back. At this point in his career I don’t think he would want to be a HC any more.
I loved Bobby as much as anyone, but it was time for him to go as a change was needed. I bet some of the same people on this message board started up and contributed to a “fire Bobby” thread.

I am not happy with Sanchez, nor do I think Mike is happy with his results. I believe we will see a change if we have a repeat of the last two years.

5 Likes

I sure would love to have Lutz back.

1 Like

Lute coming back sounds great but it could be really bad. He didn’t like recruiting and it’s just gotten harder since then. If it doesn’t work and we have to let him go… again it would just be awful. Let’s go get another guy that has won at some level.

2 Likes

But he can coach and that’s a lot better than we’ve had in years.

Agree but the recruiting game has gotten worse and the prospect of firing him again makes it not worth it. I want to bring him home but as an advisor to the AD or something.

Bobby always counted on his assistants to “lead” most of the recruiting efforts. That could be the method again. One of the best things Bobby would do is to energize our fan base (similar to what Cam just did for the Panthers)…I can assure you that he would love to come back here as well, but yes…I realize it is very unlikely to happen. However, at the very least MH should bring Bobby back in to the fold, in some “public” fashion.

1 Like