A must read///good laugh

[B]Japanese school team hit for 66 runs in two innings[/B]

[I]Apr 17, 10:17 am EDT[/I]  

TOKYO, April 17 (Reuters) - A Japanese high school pleaded for a regional game to be abandoned after surrendering 66 runs in less than two innings, local media reported on Thursday.

The coach of Kawamoto technical high school threw in the towel to spare his pitcher’s arm with his team losing 66-0 with just one batter out in the bottom of the second.
The hapless hurler had already sent down over 250 pitches, allowing 26 runs in the first inning and 40 in the second before Kawamoto asked for mercy.
“At that pace the pitcher would have thrown around 500 pitches in four innings,” Kawamoto’s coach was quoted as saying. “There was a danger he could get injured.”
Opponents Shunshukan were officially credited with a 9-0 victory, giving the scoreline a tinge of respectability for the luckless Kawamoto school. (Writing by Alastair Himmer; Editing by Justin Palmer)

It’s called a bullpen, dumbass.

Forfeiture, especially in high school sports, is pathetic. Nothing tells kids “Hey, if you can’t win, end the game” like something like that. So what if the final score was 300-0, you [I]finish the game[/I].

And this happened in Japan, of all places… so much for “honor”

Would it have been possible to finish this game? How many weeks/months would it have taken?

other team would have just stopped hitting and striking out cause they would get so tired lol

Seriously, if your pitcher gives up 66 in 2 innings, I would not worry about saving his arm, I’d hope he’d be injured and have to retire haha.

at avout 40 runs, you should seriously just start bunting or not swinging or something…

It's called a bullpen, dumbass.

Forfeiture, especially in high school sports, is pathetic. Nothing tells kids “Hey, if you can’t win, end the game” like something like that. So what if the final score was 300-0, you finish the game.

And this happened in Japan, of all places… so much for “honor”

Take it easy general Patton. Like mineshaft suggested, it probably would not have been possible to finish the game. It probably took a good while to rack up 66 runs, it may have literally been 4, 5, 6 hours before they were even to the 5th inning.

at avout 40 runs, you should seriously just start bunting or not swinging or something...
I would laugh at the coach if he told me to do this because we were winning by a large margin. Hurt my stats? LOL!!! I don't think so...