A School President that cares about Football

Someone clarify.

Is the controversy mostly about the ducks touching the ball first within ten yards of the kick or a question of who recovered the ball? I could see evidence for the premature touching of the ball, but not as much for who recovered it.

There are several videos already up on youtube that show the whole play from various angles. I saw one that showed several videos and highlighted the areas where you could see definitivley who did what.

There are several videos already up on youtube that show the whole play from various angles. I saw one that showed several videos and highlighted the areas where you could see definitivley who did what.

Soā€¦who did what?

[QUOTE=49or bust;189064]There are several videos already up on youtube that show the whole play from various angles. I saw one that showed several videos and highlighted the areas where you could see definitivley who did what.[/QUOTE]

I saw 10 different videos on you tube and I did not see one that was solid evidence on who recovered the kick. I did see good evidence that oregon touched the ball within ten yards. What is the main question with the call? touching within ten yards, who recovered the ball, or both?

I would say that the video might lean towards saying Okla. recovered, its not clear video evidence enough to overturn from what I saw. I though the fact that Oregon touched the ball within 10 yards had evidence to overturn although I would have to read the deep specifics of the rule because he jumped up in the air from within ten yards and landed outside of ten yards so I would have to see the rule.

I just think Oklahoma should have tried to play defense after the onside kick.

i love youtube

[QUOTE=lutz9er;189068]I saw 10 different videos on you tube and I did not see one that was solid evidence on who recovered the kick. I did see good evidence that oregon touched the ball within ten yards. What is the main question with the call? touching within ten yards, who recovered the ball, or both?

I would say that the video might lean towards saying Okla. recovered, its not clear video evidence enough to overturn from what I saw. I though the fact that Oregon touched the ball within 10 yards had evidence to overturn although I would have to read the deep specifics of the rule because he jumped up in the air from within ten yards and landed outside of ten yards so I would have to see the rule.

I just think Oklahoma should have tried to play defense after the onside kick.[/QUOTE]

The main question is did Oregon tough the ball within the 10 yardsā€¦they didā€¦the refs screwed upā€¦the OU Pres made an ass out of himselfā€¦and the story refuses to die!

[QUOTE=lutz9er;189046]Someone clarify.

Is the controversy mostly about the ducks touching the ball first within ten yards of the kick or a question of who recovered the ball? I could see evidence for the premature touching of the ball, but not as much for who recovered it.[/QUOTE]

I think it was a dual controversy. The first part deals with touching, once the Oregon guy hit the ball a flag should have been thrown and OU goven the ball. The second part was the recovery, an Oklahoma guy came out of the pile with the ball.

I think it was a dual controversy. The first part deals with touching, once the Oregon guy hit the ball a flag should have been thrown and OU goven the ball. The second part was the recovery, an Oklahoma guy came out of the pile with the ball.

Were these on 2 different kicks, or just one?

[QUOTE=casstommy;188918]After the callā€¦OU gave up another touchdown AND had a fieldgoal blockedā€¦

THAT cost them the game. It sucks that the refs screwed it upā€¦and they screwed up badā€¦but there was more game to play after that call. And OU got beat![/QUOTE]

Actually, it was the biggest bullshit of a call since the Pitt/Indy game. Iā€™m ok with the refs getting it wrong (hey it happens), but when there is a guy reviewing the replay in the box at multiple angles, the call should have been corrected (ESPECIALLY IF IT COSTS THE TEAM THE GAME). For christā€™s sake people, you canā€™t blame OU from being mad. Wins = big time money in College football especially if your team goes to the National Championship. And yes OU has a good enough team to do that but this bullshit call really hurts their chances now. I would be pissed off too if I was the prez. because that game cost your university $$.

The Ducks suck BTW, why do they have to be punks and basically mandate that they get PAC-10 refs at their home games. Its always neutral refs or the away teamā€™s refs at the game, talking about some bullshit.

I donā€™t think there is overturnable evidence for the OU recovering the ball, but the ref upstairs definitely could have flagged the touching it within ten yards if thatā€™s a reviewable play.

[QUOTE=lutz9er;189110]I donā€™t think there is overturnable evidence for the OU recovering the ball, but the ref upstairs definitely could have flagged the touching it within ten yards if thatā€™s a reviewable play.[/QUOTE]

The argument here isnā€™t about who recovered the ball (thatā€™s lost in the fact of the player touching before 10 yds). The argument is that the OU player DID touch the ball before it traveled ten yards and that IS a reviewable play. And after seeing this replay on ESPN and other media outlets at least 10 times there is no doubt in my mind that the ball wasnā€™t touched before 10 yds. If the replay official couldnā€™t see it after the time he spent looking at it then he should be fired. How the hell can you uphold that play when you get multiple slo-mo shots and multiple angles. Obviously these guys made a mistake, but WHY THE HELL does college football even have replay if these people canā€™t see even when it is in slo-mo from multiple angles.

Bottom line- camera doesnā€™t lie. OU shoulda won.

Bad part about it is they blew another call a few minutes later on a Pass Interference called against the sooners.