A School President that cares about Football

http://www.newsok.com/article/2849598

wow

Wow is right… I didn’t see this game but it kind of makes me feel like a BCS school now knows what it feels like for the rest of us…

What a joke…quit crying an move on. This stuff happens all the time. Don’t let the game come down a bad call. Refs do not win and lose games.

I would be pissed if our pres took the time to talk about this crap like that.

Someone call the whaaaaaaaambulance :weep:

LOL GO DUCKS! :lol:

[QUOTE=casstommy;188915]What a joke…quit crying an move on. This stuff happens all the time. Don’t let the game come down a bad call. Refs do not win and lose games.

I would be pissed if our pres took the time to talk about this crap like that.[/QUOTE]

Normally I would agree with you, but the refs actually did cost them this game…

I would have like to seen a similar letter supporting our basketball team after the GW debacle last year…

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;188917]Normally I would agree with you, but the refs actually did cost them this game…

I would have like to seen a similar letter supporting our basketball team after the GW debacle last year…[/QUOTE]

After the call…OU gave up another touchdown AND had a fieldgoal blocked…

THAT cost them the game. It sucks that the refs screwed it up…and they screwed up bad…but there was more game to play after that call. And OU got beat!

[QUOTE=casstommy;188918]After the call…OU gave up another touchdown AND had a fieldgoal blocked…

THAT cost them the game. It sucks that the refs screwed it up…and they screwed up bad…but there was more game to play after that call. And OU got beat![/QUOTE]

Actually, OU takes a knee 3 times and walks off with a W if the refs make the right call. So really there wasn’t more game to play.

Does anyone have video of the play?

Regardless, its pathetic for the Oklahoma Pres. to comment. I guess it shows how big business football is in the BCS conferences that he can’t just treat it as a game. Once the officials leave the field, the game should be done. Punishments levied by the refs on players should be able to be withdrawn as needed [I](Ex. red card in soccer makes you sit out next game, can’t think of the football equivalent)[/I], but not the outcome of the game.

I don’t think it would have been appropriate for Dr. Phil to write a letter on Lemire’s behalf. I am not saying that fans have to accept the calls, but AD’s and coaches need to get over it. Every week, there is another contested call (NCSU Akron) (OU UO) and you have Amato’s whining about it and complaining how the other team used a couple non-qualifiers.

Reminds me of Mike Davis after the Plavich victory at Indiana:wink:

[QUOTE=s9er;188927]Actually, OU takes a knee 3 times and walks off with a W if the refs make the right call. So really there wasn’t more game to play.[/QUOTE]

They could have also stopped Oregon and not had the field goal blocked either. They had plenty of opprotunities and let it slip.

The call still sucked though!

I can maybe see evidence for the argument that the Oregon guy touched the ball before ten yards, but not sufficient evidence to overturn for the fact that Oklahoma recovered the ball.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;188917]
…but the refs actually did cost them this game…
[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

It’s funny that bad calls have NEVER enabled us to win a game… but bad calls have sure been at least partially responsible for some major losses.

No, I’m not whining. I’m just stating that most fans only notice the bad calls when they go against their team. It’s much tougher to notice them when they are in your favor.

Mempiss and Cinci fans both claimed a loss to us was due to officiating. Not so… but our losses to Wake and GW last year (and our Final 4 loss too) had lots of finger pointing at the officials.

Agreed.

It’s funny that bad calls have NEVER enabled us to win a game… but bad calls have sure been at least partially responsible for some major losses.

No, I’m not whining. I’m just stating that most fans only notice the bad calls when they go against their team.

cough inadvertant whistle cough

(had the whistle not been blown, Galen Young would have Ed Cota’d Melvin Levett and it would have been a moot point)

I don’t think its that crazy or stupid for him to ask for this. They obviously got screwed here. What happens if he lets this injustice just slide? I believe it is best said in the wise words of our wonderful President, “Fool me once… shame on… shame on you… a fooled man can’t get fooled again.”

[QUOTE=49or bust;188967]
“can’t get fooled again.”
[/QUOTE]

Also stated by those philsophers from the rock band “The Who”.

Not that that tidbit of trivia has anything to do with the thread.

[QUOTE=49or bust][B]"can't get fooled again."[/B][/QUOTE]Also stated by those philsophers from the rock band [B]"The Who"[/B].

Not that that tidbit of trivia has anything to do with the thread.

Actually that was “Won’t get fooled again” unless you are talking about a different song.:happy:

Ducks suck… Go Beavers

[QUOTE=49or bust;188975]Actually that was “[B]Won’t[/B] get fooled again” unless you are talking about a different song.:happy:[/QUOTE]

Nah. Same song… and I knew it was 'won’t… but it was close enough. I’m pretty sure it was on the “Who’s Next” album. BTW, they put on one great concert back in those days.

Someone clarify.

Is the controversy mostly about the ducks touching the ball first within ten yards of the kick or a question of who recovered the ball? I could see evidence for the premature touching of the ball, but not as much for who recovered it.