A serious suggestion to our coaching staff

Whatever we’re doing to practice FTs is NOT working. It is too routine, too easy on these guys. My suggestion: make it hell on them. Make it ANYTHING BUT routine.

Have these guys shoot FTs when they least expect it. When they are least ready to do so. WHen they are tired. When they are half dressed. Stop a practice in mid workout and single a guy out. Tell him he gets 2 shots and if he doesnt make them, there’s hell to pay. Repeat often & never consistently. Make it so that any guy on our bench can hit a damn FT in any given situation. Hot, cold, tired, fresh off the bench. Hell injured and bleeding and on one leg they should be able to hit 50%!!

It’s definitely broken. Time for a new approach.

The only way to fix the PG problem is recruiting. Does Jarrett Jack have a little bro?

We need more positive reinforcement.

Put shock collars on the calf of every player at practice. Miss a free throw, get 10,000 volts. It’s that simple.

Thanx UNCCTF. I needed that tonight. HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

I want to think we missed all our free throws for the season in one game but I have a funny feeling that ain’t the case. It looked to me like a few of our players were not bending their knees and not following through their shot. But I am not the coach, so unlike the poster that started this thread I will not make suggestions to the coach. Let’s hope we don’t play like this again.

We need to hire Roderick Howard as an assistant coach.

[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er[/i]@Nov 22 2004, 11:55 PM [b] I want to think we missed all our free throws for the season in one game but I have a funny feeling that ain't the case. It looked to me like a few of our players were not bending their knees and not following through their shot. But I am not the coach, so unlike the poster that started this thread I will not make suggestions to the coach. Let's hope we don't play like this again. [/b]
Who pays the coach's salary? I could have sworn it was students and donors. If someone has a problem with our coach, they have the right to say it, I don't care what their problem is. You may not agree with what they say, but they have that right.

Lutz needs to be held accountable, just like anyone in any job. If he is not doing something right, he needs to fix it. I think most people can agree, Lutz is not getting it done as a FT coach. There are other problems that people have with Lutz, and I agree with some and disagree with others, but I don’t begrudge them their opinion (usually).

I rarely agree with what Powerbait says, but fans have the right to criticize. It rarely accomplishes anything but they have that right. I get the feeling that if we don’t make the sweet 16 this year, you will see much more criticism and a real call by students to fire Bobby.

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 12:34 PM [b] I rarely agree with what Powerbait says, but fans have the right to criticize. It rarely accomplishes anything but they have that right. I get the feeling that if we don't make the sweet 16 this year, you will see much more criticism and a real call by students to fire Bobby. [/b]
Nothing wrong with being critcal, as long as you're mature about it...but students firing Bobby. Now, that's a hoot.

As far as free throws go, fundamentals look good except for Eddie’s. He stands a foot behind the line and has too high of an arch but that’s how his jumpshot is as well.

I wouldn’t say students because most of our student body doesn’t follow the team enough. I would say you will hear on this board more calls for Bobby to be fired. Sad but true.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Nov 22 2004, 10:44 PM [b] Whatever we're doing to practice FTs is NOT working. It is too routine, too easy on these guys. My suggestion: make it hell on them. Make it ANYTHING BUT routine.

Have these guys shoot FTs when they least expect it. When they are least ready to do so. WHen they are tired. When they are half dressed. Stop a practice in mid workout and single a guy out. Tell him he gets 2 shots and if he doesnt make them, there’s hell to pay. Repeat often & never consistently. Make it so that any guy on our bench can hit a damn FT in any given situation. Hot, cold, tired, fresh off the bench. Hell injured and bleeding and on one leg they should be able to hit 50%!!

It’s definitely broken. Time for a new approach.

The only way to fix the PG problem is recruiting. Does Jarrett Jack have a little bro? [/b]

Well said my man… :thumbsup:

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Nov 23 2004, 12:35 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Nov 23 2004, 12:35 PM)

I am not sure anyone on our team has got it done as the free throw coach. Last night’s game reminded me of the UAB game at homecoming last year. End of the day we missed too many free throws. Student’s can’t “fire” Bobby but they can voice their opinion on him.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Nov 23 2004, 12:35 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Nov 23 2004, 12:35 PM)