A snapshot of the next four games

Now I donā€™t want to look too far a head, but the next four games will set us up for our games at Arkansas and Memphis. We play at Radford, then have home games against Davidson, Coppin State and Miami.

@Radford: No road game is ever a given, but she would win this one. The highlanders are 3-6 and only have one win against a division one opponent. Radfordā€™s last two games were a 22 point loss to Long Island and a 13 point loss at Marist.

v Davidson: This is going to be really tough game. The Wildcats return four starters and they are a big team, with no starter being smaller than 6ā€™3. If anyone saw the Wildcats play at Duke in the first half, you know how much talent they have. Having siad that, their last two road games have been three point wins at UNC-Wilmington and Wofford.

V Coppin State: The Eagles only have two wins on the season, both against non-divison one teams. The other four games have all been on the road, with an average losing margin of 18 points

v Miami: This is the first game of the toughest three game stretch we have in the OCC, which is obvious. The U are solid, but they are definetly beatable. With new coach Jim Laranaga, the Hurricanes are in a bit of a transition year.

As a fan I want to win every game, but I would be disapointed with anything less than 3-1 in that stretch. With three straight home games, we have a chance to build some nice momentum before heading to Arkansas and Memphis, where we will really be tested.

I am hoping for 4-0. (who here isnā€™t?) but if we went 2-2 I would understand.

We need the next 4 to be a strong outing, Davidson needs to be our best ball as of yet, Our leaders need to tell the new guys how we were embarassed in Belk last year and had to hear the lolcat fans sing that horrible song!

Davidson will be ready for this game. Say what you will about calling this a ā€˜rivalryā€™, I still think both teams know how much this means and for me personally this is the biggest game of the year.

Wish we had a week to prepare like we did for ECU. Instead weā€™ve got a not-too-far-away cupcake road game on Tuesday. Davidson plays a ranked team (Vandy) at home on Wednesday.

Wish we had a week to prepare like we did for ECU. Instead weā€™ve got a not-too-far-away cupcake road game on Tuesday. Davidson plays a ranked team (Vandy) at home on Wednesday.[/quote]

I donā€™t like long layoffs. Radford should be a good warm up for the Brain.

Davidson will be a tough game, Iā€™d guess tougher than Miami. They handled Richmond at home, and Richmond, though not as good as last year, is still a pretty tough team. Their inside guys are talented and will give us trouble. Homecourt will be huge though, because it should help Braswell stay out of foul trouble, and heā€™s better than any of their players. It will just depend on if he can get the support he needs from the team. Itā€™s also important since they shoot ftā€™s at around a 80% clip, including their bigmen. If Braswell can get Cohen in foul trouble, Briscoe or someone else can hit a few 3ā€™s, and we can play some decent perimeter D on Kuhlman, the Niners should win. But if Braswell picks up early fouls (I expect they will be going at him) and the rest of our guys have only mediocre games, look for a repeat of Lamar.

Wish we had a week to prepare like we did for ECU. Instead weā€™ve got a not-too-far-away cupcake road game on Tuesday. Davidson plays a ranked team (Vandy) at home on Wednesday.[/quote]

I donā€™t like long layoffs. Radford should be a good warm up for the Brain.[/quote]

This. And FWIW, with radford earlier in the week, we still have plenty of time to prep for Davidson.

And Iā€™m going to set my expectations higher because I think this team is just beginning to gel and roles are being settled into. I expect at least 3 wins in the next 4. Enough with the defeatist attitude. Letā€™s go kick some ass! Go Niners!!

There is no way we get blown out at home Ken. Lose, okay, but weā€™re not getting blown out at home by Davidson. That just doesnā€™t happen.

We blow them out at their place or ours, we get blown out at their place and we lose close ones at home.

I also think Miami will be an easier game than Davidson, but I donā€™t think many games will be easy for this team. Game I am most worried about OOC is Arkansas. I donā€™t share certain peopleā€™s overwhelming fear of Mempiss. But we turn the ball over a ton and Mike Anderson knows how to turn the ball over.

The key to Davidson will be turnovers and Braz staying out of foul trouble. They play very smart ball and if we donā€™t protect the ball, weā€™re in trouble. Same goes for Braz. I sense that they will go at him early and often to provoke the refs into some BS whistle blowing. If he picks up a quick 2, we are in for a long night. If he he can stay on the floor, then I think we have a chance of being in it at the end to win.

Iā€™ll never say any games against ā€œbadā€ teams are gimmes but we really have no business losing to Radford or Coppin State. Those should be automatics and we appear to be more together as a team now than when we played Lamar/ETS.

I think 3-1 is possible but my jaded gut is leaning towards 2-2 with losses against Davidson/Miami.

I want 4-0.
Iā€™ll be happy with 3-1.
Iā€™ll be disappointed with 2-2.
Iā€™ll lose a lot of interest with either 1-3 or 0-4.

We should probably sticky this for every game. Until Nickerson and/or Sherrill get more experience and are able to contribute more, were going to need Braz to play well in almost every game.

We should probably sticky this for every game. Until Nickerson and/or Sherrill get more experience and are able to contribute more, were going to need Braz to play well in almost every game.[/quote]
Agreed. I just think it has potential to be a bigger issue against Davidson because of how smart they play and how smart their coach is, compared to the other 3 games. They will go out of their way to target him and Iā€™m sure Bob will be in the refsā€™ ears early and often.

Weā€™re going 4 and 0.

Radford by 20
LOLcats by 2
Coppin State by 15
Miami by 5

Letā€™s do this!!

Memphis plays at Miami-Fl Tues at 9, ESPN2.

Weā€™ll need to improve on our ā€œFreeā€ throw to better our chances.

This! Key to the game.

Tomorrow we are going to beat Radford. After the game I will come in here and tell you what is going to happen to Davidson.

yepā€¦one game at a time, folks

Prophetic. I like it. Praise Lebo.