A10 Bumper Stickers?

I wonder when Virginia Tech stopped feeling that way?

Think about it. The ACC already has , what, 4 teams in NC? They have the market saturated. Why would they want a 5th? They own the tv markets in this state.

The only reason VT is in the ACC is because the governor threatened to cut funding to UVA if they didnā€™t force VT into the ACC during expansion. The ACC didnā€™t want them. What governor is ever going to threaten to cut funding to State and Chapel Hill if they donā€™t vote to let us in the ACC?

Think about it. The ACC already has , what, 4 teams in NC? They have the market saturated. Why would they want a 5th? They own the tv markets in this state.

The only reason VT is in the ACC is because the governor threatened to cut funding to UVA if they didnā€™t force VT into the ACC during expansion. The ACC didnā€™t want them. What governor is ever going to threaten to cut funding to State and Chapel Hill if they donā€™t vote to let us in the ACC?

i know, but let SCK dream. :biggrin:

It is kind of crazy that 50 years ago VT was in the SoCon.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;249118]I see lots of Charlotte 49ers bumper stickers.
I heard a rumor that theyā€™re in the A10. LOL.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard Charlotte was IN Charlotte! Alert the Observer!!!

From Wikipedia:

Charter members included Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi State, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Washington & Lee.

The SoCon is particularly notable for having spawned two other major conferences. In 1933, 13 schools located south and west of the Appalachians (Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Sewanee, Tennessee, Tulane, and Vanderbilt) departed the SoCon to form the Southeastern Conference. In 1953, seven schools (Clemson, Duke, Maryland, North Carolina, NC State, South Carolina, and Wake Forest) withdrew from the SoCon to form the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Other former members (in addition to those listed above) include East Carolina (1964-1976), East Tennessee State (1978-2005), George Washington (1936-1970), Marshall (1976-1997), Richmond (1936-1976), Virginia (1921-1937), VMI (1924-2003), Virginia Tech (1921-1965), Washington & Lee (1921-1958), William & Mary (1936-1977), and West Virginia (1950-1968).

Link: Wikipedia - Southern Conference

BTW, note for the Charlotte Observer: SoCon = Southern Conference! :tongue:

[QUOTE=ninerID;249157]
2002, its great you see the stuff, but donā€™t you live about 10 hours north of here?[/QUOTE]

Yes I do, my comment was kind of toungue in cheek.

But I do want to show for the record that the younger A-10 graduates up here do care and follow their teams pretty well. Iā€™ve even got into a few bball arguements, but unfortuntely we have not been able to back it up in our 2 years.

if the ACC allowed us to join, they just just rename in the Prodominately North Carolinian Atlantic Coastal Conferenceā€¦

thought i wish to play more of these local teams - i think that a BE run would be a lot more fun to watchā€¦ I dont really know why - i just do

Wow, we would be the red-headed step-child of the ACC. I mean Wake hates us, State hates us, Carolina doesnā€™t associate with us, what elseā€¦???

Wow, we would be the red-headed step-child of the ACC. I mean Wake hates us, State hates us, Carolina doesn't associate with us, what else...???

wait - i thought carolina liked pretending that they own us

Bust, I mean this sincerely....but some of you guys that never witnessed or experienced CUSA in its hayday have no idea how on the verge we were to taking the next step. Look at USF. That was us just a couple years ago. Now look at them.

If we can get football going, and Lutz can get his program back together, we can find a great conference again within a decade.

Before I posted this, I thought it might have read like I didnā€™t think weā€™d ever get in the ACC, SEC, AND the Big East. But I just meant I didnā€™t think weā€™d get in either the ACC or SEC. I think we will be in the Big East with in 20 years, but no way do I think we will ever be in the ACC or SEC unless something amazing happens. Something like Miami, Duke, or Vanderbilt going bankrupt might get us in the ACC or SEC, respectively, or maybe a nuclear strike completely blowing up any of the universitiesā€™ entire campus, or us winning several national titles might work, but thats about it.

wait - i thought carolina liked [U][B]pretending[/B][/U] that they own us
What? They don't? Then why is their name on our school? And why do they keep crediting our stuff like the traffic study, the corpse flower, and Clay Aiken to UNC? I'm so confused...