a10 tournament in charlotte??

does anybody know if charlotte could host a a10 tournament in the near future with the new arena being built or has the acc locked up the building for the next couple of years because i don’t even know if charlotte has hosted a cusa tournamet

tru niners fan

go niners vs tcu

I know that the 2006 A-10 Tournament is in Cincinnati… but I don’t know if they’ve settled on anyone beyond that.

Changing topics slightly, what is that in your signature? :huh:

[b]Changing topics slightly, what is that in your signature? [/b]

Is that Bob Huggins getting arrested?

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 10:04 PM [b] Is that Bob Huggins getting arrested? [/b]
Appears to be :P

That classic!!! Can we make the picture better?

:smirk:

Truninersfan, to answer your question… No, we have never hosted a CUSA Tournament.

We should somehow transpose that picture of Huggins onto a tee shirt & give it to gruehls if he comes down for the Cincinnati game.

Huggins: please don’t do this to me…
Trooper: Sir, we are not doing anything.

Classic line with the aroma of chunks filtering thru the early morning air.

:drink: :violin: :smirk:

CAN WE PUT THAT ON THE UNCC HOMEPAGE???

we all need to make shirts of that and wear them to the game how hot would that look on TV? WOW

I want to make a sign that reads:

“E, F, G, H, I, K, L, N, Z”

Don’t expect to see a tournament in the new arena. Conferences want a large guarantee, regardless of the number of tickets sold. Birmingham lost money when the C-USA tournament was there a few years ago. That’s why it’s usually held in Cincinnati or Louisville, two cities with huge fan bases that will purchase tickets, even if they don’t attend all the games. Memphis won’t host large crowds this year at the tournament, unless the Tigers turn things around quickly.

I think the U.S. Bank Arena signed a 5-year deal for the A-10 tournament last year but I can’t find any info on it right now. I know 's there this season and next though. U.S. Bank Arena will be the eighth facility to host the Atlantic 10 Championship. The 2003 and 2004 Atlantic 10 Championships were played at the University of Dayton Arena. Other arenas which have hosted the event are the Spectrum (Philadelphia), Pittsburgh Civic Arena, WVU Coliseum (Morgantown, WV), Rutgers Athletic Center (Piscataway, NJ), Meadowlands Arena (East Rutherford, NJ), and The Palestra (Philadelphia).

HP, I found this from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

The Atlantic 10 Conference tournament will be at the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati in 2005 and 2006 after a two-year run at the University of Dayton Arena.

Atlantic 10 Notebook: Cincinnati lands next 2 tournaments

I would love to see Charlotte host an A10 Tourney, but our location will probably keep it from happening. Charlotte is the most southern city in the conference. Most of the other teams are in the northeast. They would probably want a more centralized location to bring in more attendance. Although Charlotte might be a warmer alternative?? We have to start filling up Halton on a regular basis first.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 08:50 AM [b]Don't expect to see a tournament in the new arena. Conferences want a large guarantee, regardless of the number of tickets sold. [/b]
If I remember correctly, CUSA officials were wanting $1 million guarantee from a host city. Hopefully the A-10's number is a little more reasonable.

where acn you see the video of huggins getting arrested? or at least see pics.