A10 Tournament Optimism

At this moment it looks like Charlotte will get either Xavier or St. Josephā€™s who are in a dead tie for 6th in the conference.U Mass also could be our opponent if they win their last two gamesā€¦at Richmond and at home against Xavier.

Of course Dayton or Rhode Island could pull a 1st round upset in the tournament and wind up as Charlotteā€™s opponent.Things will become a little clearer after tonights conference games are played.

St. Joe, UMASS, and X, Iā€™d prefer UMass. We can dominate them on a nuetral court.
X is pullin an us and playing uninspired. St Joe is good, but we should handle them.
Iā€™d want to duck in this order:

1. GW
  2. Temple. We have no one to play with Collins when heā€™s on and they can thug it up.
  3. The SLU. They are playing so well.

Tintin

We should be able to avoid GW and Temple til the finals.We should see SLU in the semi finals if the top seeds win.

I think itā€™s pretty damn sad weā€™ve resorted to this type of thinking. Itā€™s accurate for the most part, but sad.

Agreed, the top teams right now going into A10 tournament.

GW, St. Louis, St. Joes

This may have been discussed, but I saw this in the Observer

[QUOTE] The win guarantees Charlotte (18-10, 11-4) a first-round bye in next weekā€™s Atlantic 10 Conference tournament in Cincinnati and ensures the 49ers will finish second in their first season in the 14-school league.[/QUOTE]

Is the 2nd seed now a lock? I thought St. Louis had the tiebreaker.

I saw this as well and was confused by it, too. If St. Louis wins their last and we lose our last, then St. Louis [I]would [/I]have the tie-breaker and get 2nd, right? Could the almighty Observer be wrong? (again?)

[QUOTE=survivor45;158427]This may have been discussed, but I saw this in the Observer

Is the 2nd seed now a lock? I thought St. Louis had the tiebreaker.[/QUOTE]

Right. If they win tomorrow and we lose, theyā€™re 2nd. If we win or we both lose, weā€™re 2nd.

Weā€™re splitting hairs over a technicality.

Technically, even if we lose and SLU wins Saturday, we still finish tied for 2nd. The tiebreakers apply only to seeding the A10 tournament, not to who wins the league, etc.

So yeah, the O was right about this.

So 2nd place is a lock, 2nd seed is not a lock.

gotcha.

That works for meā€¦ Thanks for the clarificationā€¦

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;158436]Weā€™re splitting hairs over a technicality.

Technically, even if we lose and SLU wins Saturday, we still finish tied for 2nd. The tiebreakers apply only to seeding the A10 tournament, not to who wins the league, etc.

So yeah, the O was right about this.[/QUOTE]

I thought we were talking about seeding.
Anyway, the fan poll at atlantic10.org has us winning the tourney. heehee