A10 Tourney Site up for bids

Nice read.

Six groups have expressed interest in hosting the Atlantic 10 menā€™s basketball tournament, beginning next season.

McGlade would not disclose which cities are involvedā€¦

http://www.projo.com/uri/content/sp_bkc_uri_atlantic10_09_12-09-08_8UCIO3G_v15.3906997.html

Much of [the new A10 Commissioner's] time now is being spent becoming more familiar with the A-10ā€™s 14 member schools.

ā€œOnce I took the job and got located in Philly (the conference offices are in Philadelphia) I made the decision to get out and to visit each of the campuses,ā€ she said. ā€œIt has allowed me the opportunity to get a great feel for the league and for each school. Itā€™s allowed me the chance to meet one-on-one with the presidents, the athletic directors, the staffs and the coaches.ā€

I wonder if she visited Charlotte yet?

0 chance it is ever in charlotte. Weā€™d get some Dayton, Richmond, and Xavier fans, but nobody else would show up.

[QUOTE]However, it recently announced that it will revise the format next season. [B]The changes include first-round games being played on campus sites[/B]; of three, rather than four days, at the host city; and the championship final being held a day later, on Selection Sunday, and televised by CBS.[/QUOTE]

Really?

Really?

Word, change was made official a few weeks ago.

http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22111&highlight=tournament+college

Really?

Those changes are for 2010.

I like home teams getting 1st round games on their home courts. I donā€™t like having a conference championship held on Selection Sunday ā€¦ for ANY conference.

That would be awesome to get a home game in the A10 tournament.

My guess at Potential cities that have expressed interest are:

Dayton, Cincinatti, Philly, AC, Providence, and either Saint Louis (No chance) or Richmond.

[QUOTE=wayton5646;369768]That would be awesome to get a home game in the A10 tournament.[/QUOTE]

No it wouldnā€™t it would mean we arenā€™t a 4 seed or above :(.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;369770]No it wouldnā€™t it would mean we arenā€™t a 4 seed or above :(.[/QUOTE]

my bad read it wrong, thought all higher seeds got a home game.

My guess at Potential cities that have expressed interest are:

Dayton, Cincinatti, Philly, AC, Providence, and either Saint Louis (No chance) or Richmond.

My guesses: AC, Newark, Pittsburgh, Dayton, Philly, Cincinnati. Probably in that order. Maybe Washington DC.

I don't like having a conference championship held on Selection Sunday ... for ANY conference.
The ONLY advantage will be having the championship game on National TV on Selection Sunday.

I like the concept of keeping the tourney in a resort area, if possibleā€¦ but there are not very many resort areas in A10 Country, especially ones that have decent size arenas.

My guess:

My guesses: AC, Newark, Pittsburgh, Dayton, Philly, Cincinnati. Probably in that order. Maybe Washington DC.
Of these, I'll take Providence or DC, or maybe even Newark because of the proximity to the Big Apple. Cinci too, but with the exception of the Rib Houses, there's not much to do up there except visit gruehls.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;369773]

Of these, Iā€™ll take Providence or DC, or maybe even Newark because of the proximity to the Big Apple. Cinci too, but with the exception of the Rib Houses, thereā€™s not much to do up there except visit gruehls.[/QUOTE]

OHHHH! youā€™d be surprised.

howdy niners posting here who are men or pretending to be!

rumor has it that not a one of you can hit something aimed at, as demonstrated by diego hitting the ā€œUGLYā€ button for ā€œthe wife i wantā€ game.

powerbait, read your post and iā€™m unsure as to the ā€œtheyā€ you contacted.

all of you heading up this way, shoot me a message.

be great to see you folks again.

The ONLY advantage will be having the championship game on National TV on Selection Sunday.

I like the concept of keeping the tourney in a resort area, if possibleā€¦ but there are not very many resort areas in A10 Country, especially ones that have decent size arenas.

Of these, Iā€™ll take Providence or DC, or maybe even Newark because of the proximity to the Big Apple. Cinci too, but with the exception of the Rib Houses, thereā€™s not much to do up there except visit gruehls.

Newark would be an interesting spot. The arena is arguably the best new arena in sports and lives up to the hype (been there twice) its located two blocks from the train station, a quick train ride to Manhattan.

I personally like the idea of AC the most, having a destination is key to get more fans to come when you donā€™t have the ability to sell out all the games from the local population.

[QUOTE=gruehls;372411]OHHHH! youā€™d be surprised.

howdy niners posting here who are men or pretending to be!

rumor has it that not a one of you can hit something aimed at, as demonstrated by diego hitting the ā€œUGLYā€ button for ā€œthe wife i wantā€ game.

powerbait, read your post and iā€™m unsure as to the ā€œtheyā€ you contacted.

all of you heading up this way, shoot me a message.

be great to see you folks again.[/QUOTE]

I caught the game Bearcats gainst XU a few weeks ago. You guys are doing pretty good this year (RPI 49) What a conincident.:tongue:

Iā€™m sure you missed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4QfxNUljdQ

. . .and the last game at Halton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYnhTPpBUd8&feature=related

which I won a real nice Cincinnati hoodie betting with a Bearcat (Anyway,I took my hoodie off and traded it since it was the last game between the 2 in CUSA).

. . .I know what you mean gruehls. Those were the days.:tongue:

NO chance Charlotte hosts this. Attendence would be pathetic.

[QUOTE=Niner89;372415]

. . .I know what you mean gruehls. Those were the days.:tongue:[/QUOTE]

on your best day, you could never know what i mean. even if i write what i mean in your 2 favorite crayon colors.

keep your tongue inside your cheeks.

or in some male companionā€™s cheeks.

can you find a word that rhymes with ā€œORANGE?ā€

as in ā€œORANGEā€ Bowl?"

if you can find a word to rhyme with ā€œorange,ā€ iā€™ll stop picking on you and your pathetic sports program.

and i wonā€™t make an issue of the crap local news which has elected to ignore all things ā€œNINER.ā€

itā€™s pathetic if you canā€™t field a football team to qualify for THE ORANGE BOWL IN THE BCS.

donā€™t make me kick you to the kerb boy.

as mentioned often before, if you canā€™t respect your elders, respect your betters.

The Bearcats have football? Really?

I donā€™t know of any words that rhyme with orange, but I can use it in a sentence:
Orange you glad that the Bearcats donā€™t have to have the 49ers foot shoved up their asses anymore???

[QUOTE=gruehls;372424]on your best day, you could never know what i mean. even if i write what i mean in your 2 favorite crayon colors.

if you can find a word to rhyme with ā€œorange,ā€ iā€™ll stop picking on you and your pathetic sports program.

and i wonā€™t make an issue of the crap local news which has elected to ignore all things ā€œNINER.ā€

itā€™s pathetic if you canā€™t field a football team to qualify for THE ORANGE BOWL IN THE BCS.

donā€™t make me kick you to the kerb boy.

as mentioned often before, if you canā€™t respect your elders, respect your betters.[/QUOTE]

There once was an old fool named gruehls
Who cheered for felonious tools.
What rhymes with an ā€˜orangeā€™?
Donā€™t know ā€¦ but a door-hinge
labeled ā€˜PUSHā€™ would cause gruehls to ā€˜PULLā€™.

[QUOTE=gruehls;372424]on your best day, you could never know what i mean. even if i write what i mean in your 2 favorite crayon colors.

[B]donā€™t make me kick you to the kerb boy.[/B]

as mentioned often before, if you canā€™t respect your elders, respect your betters.[/QUOTE]

You know, at Charlotte we all know how to spell curb.

And donā€™t give me that ā€œNo, I spelled it rightā€ BS. This is America. We kick people to the curb, we drive trucks and not lorries, we take elevators and not lifts, and we never, ever, ever mind the gap.

and i won't make an issue of the crap local news which has elected to ignore all things "NINER."
:shades: There you go again.... complaining because the local paper completely ignored Cincinnati the last time you came to town. I hate you wasted 50 cents on Saturday's paper to find out there wasn't **** mentioned about the game.

BTWā€¦ I believe, like most games in Halton, we won that game.

:shades::shades::shades: