ABC Sports @ 6:00

I was walking by and heard Tiffany Wright state that Judy Rose prettty much called out Lutz in the AP saying this year was critical and it wa stime to step up.

Did anyone else catch this?

That should help our recruiting momentum.

I was walking by and heard Tiffany Wright state that Judy Rose pretty much called out Lutz in the AP saying this year was critical and it was time to step up.

Did anyone else catch this?

That should help our recruiting momentum.

I did, but I don’t see how it will help our recruiting momentum, unless you were being sarcastic. I feel bad for Lutz, last year was not his fault.

Okay found it. I do not like the timing of this with signing dates coming up and finally making some progress with top kids again. Call him out after early signing period this fall!!! No wonder we have recruits close ties popping up and asking questions.

http://www.wsoctv.com/sports/20042672/detail.html

That statement by Judy was uncalled for. Anything like that should be done behind closed doors and not be said in public.

I doubt she would ever pull a stunt like that on a women’s coach.

edit: I just read the article and the article is a pretty comprehensive and accurate article on our program written by the Associated Press. At least, it mentions we used to be good… and is not as bad as I had anticipated.

Okay found it. I do not like the timing of this with signing dates coming up and finally making some progress with top kids again.

http://www.wsoctv.com/sports/20042672/detail.html

Judy Rose needs to get off Lutz’s back. Nobody loves Charlotte more than Bobby, except maybe me. :49ers:

WTF! Head scratcher??

What does this accomplish. Looks like a power play.

The timing is curious and disappointing…while he is out on the recruiting trail.

However, I have no problem with what was said.

[QUOTE]Right now we’re part of the problem[/QUOTE]

yep.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;418929]The timing is curious and disappointing…while he is out on the recruiting trail.

However, I have no problem with what was said.

[QUOTE]Right now [B]Phillip Dubois[/B] is the problem [/QUOTE]

yep.[/QUOTE]

FIXED

[QUOTE=andrew_uofc;418923]I did, but I don’t see how it will help our recruiting momentum, unless you were being sarcastic. I feel bad for Lutz, last year was not his fault.[/QUOTE]

it may or may not be his fault. But he was paid very well for a 20 loss season, so he is responsible for it. If he wants to get the glory of success, he must be willing to accept the responsibility for the crappy years too.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;418930]FIXED[/QUOTE]

Agree, Dubois’ exit would fix many problems, and they may be the most important ones. But it wouldn’t fix everything.

Judy needs to worry about football and quit causing distractions till after September deadline on FSL’s.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;418932]Agree, Dubois’ exit would fix many problems, and they may be the most important ones. But it wouldn’t fix everything.[/QUOTE]

Wish I could disagree but…

Let’s hope some people with vision take over the day-to-day operations of football, eventually the whole AD and one day our University. That is my prayer for the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.

I agree with the sentiments but there was no need to go public with it.

Bobby should already know he’s gotta win some games this year.

Just sounds to me like Judy taking some of the attention off of the ****ty job she’s done with regards to the push for football.

[QUOTE=arn;418935]I agree with the sentiments but there was no need to go public with it.

Bobby should already know he’s gotta win some games this year.

Just sounds to me like Judy taking some of the attention off of the ****ty job she’s done with regards to the push for football.[/QUOTE]

Someone will have to lose their job if Football stays sluggish (we will not let it fail!) and basketball has another sub .500 season. Judy is wanting to make sure its not her, so she’s grabbing Bobby’s legs and tossing him under the bus early. She hopes he gets up and out of the way, but if he can’t she’s hoping the scene is so gruesome that no one notices her there.

I didn’t see a problem with it. I thought it was a good article actually, meaning to show the fans that the school isn’t fine with where the program is.

Thank you for that, Judy.

how about her? is she facing a critical year? CHP?

the love triangle of Dubois, Judy, and Lutz has got to be wicked cold. Daggers in all their backs.

I think she had every right to say it and it needed to be said.I’m not a big fan of hers,but our bball program has become a nonfactor the last few years.Enough with the injury excuses and the conf. switch excuses…his job is to win basketball games and he’s being well paid for the job he’s done.I am optimistic that we’ll have a very good year this year,if not,they both probably should go,after all,she did sign her name on his extension also.

I don’t see a problem with what she said. It’s the truth. As many on here have said, this is a year for no excuses. The consensus on here is that Lutz now has the pieces to be successful, so we should not hear any excuses.