With the ACC’s decision today to play 10 conf games and 1 out of conf game, do we still think Duke will keep us?
since we lost Norfolk St, could we call another local ACC school and try to schedule a game next year?
I know the SEC has not made a decision yet but TN has been saying all along they are playing CLT
seems like between us, ECU and Appy, there could be a money grab here
Our game verse Duke is the most logical to remain considering the proximity from Charlotte to Durham.
I think Duke already has Elon scheduled too which is even closer to Durham. They may be tempted to keep the Elon game for an easier win. Especially with the additional conference games making their schedule more difficult.
Colonial isn’t playing fall sports
Good point. Forgot about that.
Yep…Elon game is postponed. Notre Dame was a nonconference game…now it is a conference game for Duke. Middle Tennessee was to open up with Duke on September 5th,but ACC said no games will be played before September 7th. I feel we are in great shape to keep the nonconference game with Duke.
Our game with Duke is scheduled for thursday September 17th. Would not surprise me if Duke asks us to move the game up 5 days to saturday September 12th.
Colonial said schools can use their discretion on who and where they play.
If we do play Duke, I still chase down Elon to fill the Norfolk slot.
Western Carolina would be another option
Colonial has cancelled football this year.
CAA has cancelled but Elon still wants to play.
Colonial schools can do what they want.