ACC advertising on our schedule website

Okay, I know we tend to fee like the the red headed stepchild of the tarheel state, but isn’t this just a bit too much? Can’t our
administration choose their own advertisers, or are we just so hard up for money we will cut our own fan base’s throat for a buck?

The following is the address for our basketball schedule. While watching this, and N ACC VIP Experience presented by Ruby Tuesday
advertisement popped up. If you leave an enter a few times it will eventually pop up, it seems to pop up every 6 hits or so.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=23200&SPID=44799&SPSID=363425

trolololololololol

do you know how interwebz advertising works?

lolz

[quote=“unccfan, post:1, topic:27058”]Okay, I know we tend to fee like the the red headed stepchild of the tarheel state, but isn’t this just a bit too much? Can’t our
administration choose their own advertisers, or are we just so hard up for money we will cut our own fan base’s throat for a buck?

The following is the address for our basketball schedule. While watching this, and N ACC VIP Experience presented by Ruby Tuesday
advertisement popped up. If you leave an enter a few times it will eventually pop up, it seems to pop up every 6 hits or so.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=23200&SPID=44799&SPSID=363425[/quote]Our website uses the Google Display Network to generate revenue.

Google reviews the sites you have visited and shows you ads they think are relevant.

Advertisers can choose to target people who have a very specific interest (i.e. Tarheel basketball) or a broader interest (basketball). Simply visiting this site could trigger Google to think you are interested in basketball and if the ACC/school you saw has their ads set to target someone that simply likes basketball, that is why you are seeing the ad.

I see Charlotte ads all over the net, including on ECU’s fansites.

It’s just how internet marketing works. The school is not ‘allowing’ it, it just happens.

BUSTED!!

His point was that the school should give Google Ads specific non-Acc parameters for our site.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:6, topic:27058”]His point was that the school should give Google Ads specific non-Acc parameters for our site.[/quote]ACC ads showed up because he had searched for ACC and similar keywords that lead to that.

It’s science.

If the school says no, the ad reviewer will listen to keep our business. That is keeping your customers happy.

[quote=“2k, post:7, topic:27058”][quote=“stonecoldken, post:6, topic:27058”]His point was that the school should give Google Ads specific non-Acc parameters for our site.[/quote]ACC ads showed up because he had searched for ACC and similar keywords that lead to that.

It’s science.[/quote]
A) I was unaware the site’s advertising was through Google adds and the network administrators have no control over the content.
b) I have NEVER searched for ACC content, good, or materials from my computer. As a true 49er, I have boycotted everything ACC
since the Tarholes welched on their verbal for a home-away with us after we pushed them to overtime in Chapel Hill back in the 90s.
If the add showed up, it can only be regionally based and cannot be related in any ways to my browser searches, site, hits or preferences.

[quote=“unccfan, post:9, topic:27058”][quote=“2k, post:7, topic:27058”][quote=“stonecoldken, post:6, topic:27058”]His point was that the school should give Google Ads specific non-Acc parameters for our site.[/quote]ACC ads showed up because he had searched for ACC and similar keywords that lead to that.

It’s science.[/quote]
A) I was unaware the site’s advertising was through Google adds and the network administrators have no control over the content.
b) I have NEVER searched for ACC content, good, or materials from my computer. As a true 49er, I have boycotted everything ACC
since the Tarholes welched on their verbal for a home-away with us after we pushed them to overtime in Chapel Hill back in the 90s.
If the add showed up, it can only be regionally based and cannot be related in any ways to my browser searches, site, hits or preferences.[/quote]

No worries! I was justing joking around with you. I also was at that game in Chapel Hill and share in your hatred for all things Cheater hill related.

[quote=“unccfan, post:9, topic:27058”][quote=“2k, post:7, topic:27058”][quote=“stonecoldken, post:6, topic:27058”]His point was that the school should give Google Ads specific non-Acc parameters for our site.[/quote]ACC ads showed up because he had searched for ACC and similar keywords that lead to that.

It’s science.[/quote]
If the add showed up, it can only be regionally based and cannot be related in any ways to my browser searches, site, hits or preferences.[/quote]They probably just have it broadly focused to include people that have visited sites about college basketball.

Or, if you’ve been reading any articles about the Tarheels cheating, that could trigger it too.

1. Dodge Dart
  2. SunTrust Bank Auto Financing
  3. UNite (outlier?)
  4. Gary Johnson
  5. Kia Forte
  6. Gary Johnson

So, the internet thinks I’m a Libertarian who has recently been researching compact sedans. I’d say that’s fairly accurate…