AD Finalists Named

All of you who do not want a guy just because he is a Chapel Hill grad are laughable. As a graduate of Charlotte Catholic I hate Country Day. They are the one school I believe we must beat every single year. I like nothing about them, their arrogant, snooty, cocky, etc.

HOWEVER, if they hired me as a coach you can be damn sure Iā€™d do my best to make sure they won. Why would a CH grad come here and purposely lose? On purpose ruin their career? LOL that is laughable.

I want the guy who is best for the job and I donā€™t care where they come from.
I get it no one likes Chapel Hill, I donā€™t either. Hated them before I started going here, but if they are qualified give them a shot.

Hillā€™s resume is not good. I donā€™t want him because of that. Read the first bullet point on the two resumes. This is a no brain decision.

Eyeball test or resume testā€¦Esten is the guy. Not from here, so new and different perspective. Went to a small school, so thereā€™s no ā€œgreener pasturesā€ or alumni pull for him to leave. Granted a P5 school comes calling he still would probably jump. Former athlete. Knows what itā€™s about in terms of the student athlete. Worked at multiple institutions. Not a ā€œlifer.ā€ Weā€™ve had enough of those. Young, someone said 45. hopefully has his finger on the pulse of todayā€™s athletes and social media.

Just hire them already so we can start cleaning house!!!

[quote=ā€œNinerAlum18, post:21, topic:32383ā€]All of you who do not want a guy just because he is a Chapel Hill grad are laughable. As a graduate of Charlotte Catholic I hate Country Day. They are the one school I believe we must beat every single year. I like nothing about them, their arrogant, snooty, cocky, etc.

HOWEVER, if they hired me as a coach you can be damn sure Iā€™d do my best to make sure they won. Why would a CH grad come here and purposely lose? On purpose ruin their career? LOL that is laughable.

I get it no one likes Chapel Hill, I donā€™t either. Hated them before I started going here, but if they are qualified give them a shot.[/quote]

Charlotte Catholicā€¦calling another school snooty and arrogantā€¦wow. At least that school in questionā€¦a PRIVATE schoolā€¦competes with other Private schools in legitimate competition. How many dozens of state titles in dozens of sports have you stolen from PUBLIC schools that have to adhere to rules that you donā€™tā€¦specifically with how public schools are restricted to district lines to draw studentsā€¦ among other things?

Iā€™ve always felt Charlotte Catholic is the Chapel Hill of highschool. Win at all costs. Stealing hundreds of state titles from public schools jusst so they can feel big and bad. Soā€¦I can understand your affinity for Chapel Hill comparisons and attachments.

However, part of the point is in principle. UNC has long mocked us and tried to hold us back and have enjoyed the fact that for over a decade now they have a puppet master Chancellor here that EMBRACES that association. So, the other part of this is the fact that the Chapel Hill puppetmaster is trying to bring in a puppet of like mind that he can control and continue the Chapel Hill love as a final middle finger to those of us that WANT CHARLOTTE TO HAVE OUR OWN IDENTITY.

We didnā€™t want a UNC sign near our campusā€¦we sure as hell donā€™t want a UNC shill directing any part of it.

[quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:24, topic:32383ā€][quote=ā€œNinerAlum18, post:21, topic:32383ā€]All of you who do not want a guy just because he is a Chapel Hill grad are laughable. As a graduate of Charlotte Catholic I hate Country Day. They are the one school I believe we must beat every single year. I like nothing about them, their arrogant, snooty, cocky, etc.

I get it no one likes Chapel Hill, I donā€™t either. Hated them before I started going here, but if they are qualified give them a shot.[/quote]

Charlotte Catholicā€¦calling another school snooty and arrogantā€¦wow. At least that school in questionā€¦a PRIVATE schoolā€¦competes with other Private schools in legitimate competition. How many dozens of state titles in dozens of sports have you stolen from PUBLIC schools that have to adhere to rules that you donā€™tā€¦specifically with how public schools are restricted to district lines to draw students among other things?

Iā€™ve always felt Charlotte Catholic is the Chapel Hill of highschool. Win at all costs. Stealing hundreds of state titles from public schools jusst so they can feel big and bad. Soā€¦I can understand your affinity for Chapel Hill comparisons and attachments.

However, part of the point is in principle. UNC has long mocked us and tried to hold us back and have enjoyed the fact that for over a decade now they have a puppet master Chancellor here that EMBRACES that association. So, the other part of this is the fact that the Chapel Hill puppetmaster is trying to bring in a puppet of like mind that he can control and continue the Chapel Hill love as a final middle finger to those of us that WANT CHARLOTTE TO HAVE OUR OWN IDENTITY.

We didnā€™t want a UNC sign near our campusā€¦we sure as hell donā€™t want a UNC shill directing any part of it.[/quote]
rolls my eyes
Yeah ok whatever boss man because youā€™re all knowing LOL. We win and we donā€™t need to cheat to do it unlike CH. Trust me Iā€™ve been there for almost 10 years if weā€™re cheating I have yet to see it and Iā€™ve been coaching for 6 of those years.
Success in athletics give us an identity trust me, win and the name confusion log may not get as many entries. I say that because we will not be dropping the UNC until Phil is gone and who knows when that will be happening.

I donā€™t want an AD from UNC. He can and will be manipulated by them at some point.

[quote=ā€œmetro, post:19, topic:32383ā€]Iā€™m good with Esten. Twitter feed says he gets it, the promotion side

Hill is a non starter.

(Sorry to normbulamce for not getting his permission to speak)[/quote]

clt says metro Likes the twitter

[quote=ā€œNinerAlum18, post:25, topic:32383ā€]rolls my eyes
Yeah ok whatever boss man because youā€™re all knowing LOL. We win and we donā€™t need to cheat to do it unlike CH. Trust me Iā€™ve been there for almost 10 years if weā€™re cheating I have yet to see it and Iā€™ve been coaching for 6 of those years.[/quote]

Roll your damn eyes all you want. Charlotte Catholic and Cardinal Gibbons are the only 2 parochial schools grandfathered in to the public league. Those 2 schools have won over 100+ state titles since 2005.

The next closest REAL public school probably has 8. Soā€¦are Catholics just better athletes??

Parochial schools do not operate with district restrictionsā€¦and thatā€™s a huge advantage. Thatā€™s cheating.

If a mod can move this to another thread I can go on all day.

[quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:28, topic:32383ā€][quote=ā€œNinerAlum18, post:25, topic:32383ā€]rolls my eyes
Yeah ok whatever boss man because youā€™re all knowing LOL. We win and we donā€™t need to cheat to do it unlike CH. Trust me Iā€™ve been there for almost 10 years if weā€™re cheating I have yet to see it and Iā€™ve been coaching for 6 of those years.[/quote]

Roll your damn eyes all you want. Charlotte Catholic and Cardinal Gibbons are the only 2 parochial schools grandfathered in to the public league. Those 2 schools have won over 100+ state titles since 2005.

The next closest REAL public school probably has 8. Soā€¦are Catholics just better athletes??

Parochial schools do not operate with district restrictionsā€¦and thatā€™s a huge advantage. Thatā€™s cheating.

If a mod can move this to another thread I can go on all day.[/quote]
Uninformed. LOL. Did you know that actually for Catholic there is a radius? 25 miles as the crow flies around the school is their district when it comes to athletic competition. However, you didnā€™t know that. However, continue to whine and moan all you want. Maybe we just have better coaching and a better system. Iā€™ll take a system kid over some flashy athlete any day.

clt says you should just email or call them, you have all of their contact info.

[quote=ā€œNinerAlum18, post:29, topic:32383ā€][quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:28, topic:32383ā€][quote=ā€œNinerAlum18, post:25, topic:32383ā€]rolls my eyes

Uninformed. LOL. Did you know that actually for Catholic there is a radius? 25 miles as the crow flies around the school is their district when it comes to athletic competition. However, you didnā€™t know that. However, continue to whine and moan all you want. Maybe we just have better coaching and a better system. Iā€™ll take a system kid over some flashy athlete any day.[/quote]

Wow a 25 mile radius. Man, thatā€™s tough. Grab a map.
25 miles takes you from south Charlotte to Huntersvilleā€¦almost all the way to Kings Mtnā€¦past Rock Hill (yesā€¦South Carolina!). There are literally dozens of highschools tied to dozens of district restrictions within that 25 mile wide single district you get to reach out to in itā€™s entirity (if you even adhere to that).
A public school has district lines a third of thatā€¦honestly. So, just stop it.

And I know you donā€™t do scholarships either wink wink. But you do offer financial aid to qualifying students. I wonder how many athletes seem to qualify for financial aid from that short distance of 25 miles? Hmmm. But Iā€™m sure you donā€™t do that either.

Againā€¦over 100 state titlesā€¦but thereā€™s no advantage to it. Yeah right.

Seriouslyā€¦the Chapel Hill of NC highschool athletics.

[quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:31, topic:32383ā€][quote=ā€œNinerAlum18, post:29, topic:32383ā€][quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:28, topic:32383ā€][quote=ā€œNinerAlum18, post:25, topic:32383ā€]rolls my eyes

Uninformed. LOL. Did you know that actually for Catholic there is a radius? 25 miles as the crow flies around the school is their district when it comes to athletic competition. However, you didnā€™t know that. However, continue to whine and moan all you want. Maybe we just have better coaching and a better system. Iā€™ll take a system kid over some flashy athlete any day.[/quote]

Wow a 25 mile radius. Man, thatā€™s tough. Grab a map.
25 miles takes you from south Charlotte to Huntersvilleā€¦almost all the way to Kings Mtnā€¦past Rock Hill (yesā€¦South Carolina!). There are literally dozens of highschools tied to dozens of district restrictions within that 25 mile wide single district you get to reach out to in itā€™s entirity (if you even adhere to that).
A public school has district lines a third of thatā€¦honestly. So, just stop it.

And I know you donā€™t do scholarships either wink wink. But you do offer financial aid to qualifying students. I wonder how many athletes seem to qualify for financial aid from that short distance of 25 miles? Hmmm. But Iā€™m sure you donā€™t do that either.

Againā€¦over 100 state titlesā€¦but thereā€™s no advantage to it. Yeah right.

Seriouslyā€¦the Chapel Hill of NC highschool athletics.[/quote]
As an athlete you actually sign away your right to tuition assistance.

I like this thread.

Hill has been heavily involved in BIG TIME searches for BIG TIME coaches at a BIG TIME Football/BIG TIME basketball schoolā€¦each of these coaches has won NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS at this BIG TIME SCHOOLā€¦oh but wait he is a UNC gradā€¦he must be out to screw usā€¦yeah that guy really has an ulterior motive for coming hereā€¦he wants us to loseā€¦no way I want that hoserā€¦

Some of you guys are COMPLETE ASS HATSā€¦

Hire Hill

[quote=ā€œghostofclt, post:27, topic:32383ā€][quote=ā€œmetro, post:19, topic:32383ā€]Iā€™m good with Esten. His twitter feed says he gets it, the promotion side

Hill is a non starter.

clt says metro Likes the twitter[/quote]
Esten has a LinkedIn too. Sorry to Judy fans this might offend.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/phil-esten-550163

[quote=ā€œmetro, post:35, topic:32383ā€][quote=ā€œghostofclt, post:27, topic:32383ā€][quote=ā€œmetro, post:19, topic:32383ā€]Iā€™m good with Esten. His twitter feed says he gets it, the promotion side

Hill is a non starter.

clt says metro Likes the twitter[/quote]
Esten has a LinkedIn too. Sorry to Judy fans this might offend.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/phil-esten-550163[/quote]
Did he write a good cover letter though??

Riiiiggghht.

Okā€¦but did you look at a map?

So in all seriousnessā€¦please explain how 2 parochial schools can win over 100 state titles in just over a decade when the next closest true public school has half a dozen at best.
[size=2]

Itā€™s eitherā€¦
1- Catholics are the greatest highschool athletes ever
2- The 2 parochial schools are taking advantage of certain advantages that public schools cannot

[font=verdana]Seriouslyā€¦explain it. [/font]

[font=verdana]Iā€™d LOVE to hear a rational explanation. [/font]
[font=verdana]We know itā€™s not Option 1ā€¦and if itā€™s not option 2ā€¦Iā€™d love to hear it.[/font][/size]

[quote=ā€œrtown49er, post:34, topic:32383ā€]Hill has been heavily involved in BIG TIME searches for BIG TIME coaches at a BIG TIME Football/BIG TIME basketball schoolā€¦each of these coaches has won NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS at this BIG TIME SCHOOLā€¦oh but wait he is a UNC gradā€¦he must be out to screw usā€¦yeah that guy really has an ulterior motive for coming hereā€¦he wants us to loseā€¦no way I want that hoserā€¦

Hire Hill[/quote]

clt says you are a jabroni.

[quote=ā€œghostofclt, post:38, topic:32383ā€][quote=ā€œrtown49er, post:34, topic:32383ā€]Hill has been heavily involved in BIG TIME searches for BIG TIME coaches at a BIG TIME Football/BIG TIME basketball schoolā€¦each of these coaches has won NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS at this BIG TIME SCHOOLā€¦oh but wait he is a UNC gradā€¦he must be out to screw usā€¦yeah that guy really has an ulterior motive for coming hereā€¦he wants us to loseā€¦no way I want that hoserā€¦

Hire Hill[/quote]

clt says you are a jabroni.[/quote] Clt needs to repair his troll detector.

We deserve Hill.