Adkins promoted to OC

Lambert is burning the candle at both ends, and heā€™s about to run out of wax. This is why you donā€™t date in the workplace (LOL Charlotte AD), and you donā€™t have your friends work under you.

Playcalling is a major issue, but the system is the real issue, and that isnā€™t changing. Hopefully Coach Adkins makes me eat my words, and if he does, I hope that every coach we have and the football account comes back and bashes me on twitter after I bashed them all weekend.

Worst case this is Jeff still calling plays.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK24DnWQaIk[/youtube]

Iā€™ve always said we needed a quarterback coach, but just arenā€™t confident in Mullens to do this job. I donā€™t expect to see advancement in Klughā€™s footwork, reads, and anticipation, because I donā€™t believe Mullens is a capable teacher of these things.

Iā€™ve always said we needed a quarterback coach, but just arenā€™t confident in Mullens to do this job. I donā€™t expect to see advancement in Klughā€™s footwork, reads, and anticipation, because I donā€™t believe Mullens is a capable teacher of these things.[/quote]Agreed, however itā€™s hard to bring outside help in during the season. That doesnā€™t happen often. Iā€™d imagine if we had someone else to cover the roll, we would have.

Iā€™ve always said we needed a quarterback coach, but just arenā€™t confident in Mullens to do this job. I donā€™t expect to see advancement in Klughā€™s footwork, reads, and anticipation, because I donā€™t believe Mullens is a capable teacher of these things.[/quote]Agreed, however itā€™s hard to bring outside help in during the season. That doesnā€™t happen often. Iā€™d imagine if we had someone else to cover the roll, we would have.[/quote]

I agree. I think this is just a holding spot for Mullens until he probably resigns after the season. I was just making a point that I was hoping they would have noticed the lack of QB development from past seasons, and tried to fill that spot with someone else qualified during a previous offseason. Plus get someone in that can help develop plays that create mismatches and gets guys open schematically if we arenā€™t capable of doing it through talent at the moment (hopefully former QB that can serve as QB coach/pass offense coordinator).

Iā€™ve always said we needed a quarterback coach, but just arenā€™t confident in Mullens to do this job. I donā€™t expect to see advancement in Klughā€™s footwork, reads, and anticipation, because I donā€™t believe Mullens is a capable teacher of these things.[/quote]

Mullen has actually always been our QB coach since he was hired. Our QBs seem to get worse so this isnā€™t going to be a huge change.

Our scheme is still going to be a 6 play RPO spread. Nothing will change until the offseason when a new scheme (hopefully pro style, triple option, or air raid) can be installed. I hate run heavy RPO spread offenses like what we and Auburn run.

Iā€™ve always said we needed a quarterback coach, but just arenā€™t confident in Mullens to do this job. I donā€™t expect to see advancement in Klughā€™s footwork, reads, and anticipation, because I donā€™t believe Mullens is a capable teacher of these things.[/quote]

Mullen has actually always been our QB coach since he was hired. Our QBs seem to get worse so this isnā€™t going to be a huge change.

Our scheme is still going to be a 6 play RPO spread. Nothing will change until the offseason when a new scheme (hopefully pro style, triple option, or air raid) can be installed. I hate run heavy RPO spread offenses like what we and Auburn run.[/quote]

clt says thanks Brad!

The move is kind of expected if you listened to the post game when Lambert kept repeating something to the effect of ā€œwe are not putting the players in positions to succeed and maybe we are asking too much out of Klughā€. He made a move and we will see if this new guy calling the plays can make thing simpler for the offense.

Donā€™t know how this demotion to QB coach and no longer being the play caller is going to work for Mullens. You got a disgruntle employee still hanging aroundā€¦ I donā€™t see this ending well. Should of just pulled the band-aid off and fire the guy.

Not sure how to make the play calling simpler when the number of different plays we run are so small. We might as well line up like Army and run the ball 95% of the time in the I formation. 3.5 yards per carry average should keep us marching. At least it will allow the defense to rest or shortens the game so the opponent doesnā€™t have a chance to run up the score on us.

http://www.espncharlotte.net/the-wake-up-call-kevin-donnalley-6/

KDs thoughts on the move.

At least they made a move to try and change. I wanted heads to roll and people to get fired, but this shows at least they are trying.
Hopefully it works out for the best we have nothing to lose.

I would be more than okay with this.

Personally I have no interest in running the triple option.

Funny you bring that up. Joe Thompson (heā€™s still on the roster, right?) ran a slightly modernized version of this offense (the Wing-T) as a qb in high school.

This change will make absolutely NO DIFFERENCE in our suckiness. To be clichĆ©, weā€™re rearranging the chairs on the Titanic. EVERYBODY needs to GO after this shit storm of a season is over. >:D

I think the coaching move was their way of saying ā€œwe hear youā€. There is not much you can do mid-season, and this probably will not help, but it has been effective in sending a message.

Maybe Jack Lengyel could teach Charlotte the veer?