Adkins promoted to OC

Well at least thereā€™s a sliver of hope now. I hope we can incorporate some more conventional runs into our game plan since heā€™s coming from an OL background.

Mullens will be the QB coach.

[quote=ā€œchidave, post:1, topic:31095ā€]http://charlotte49ers.com/news/2017/9/25/football-lambert-makes-changes-to-coaching-staff.aspx

Well at least thereā€™s a sliver of hope now. I hope we can incorporate some more conventional runs into our game plan since heā€™s coming from an OL background.[/quote]

Mullen is still on the staff coaching the QBā€™s. Iā€™m all for the change at OC. However, if youā€™re going to make this kind of move, heā€™s got to be removed from the staff.

[quote=ā€œBigTymers99, post:2, topic:31095ā€][quote=ā€œchidave, post:1, topic:31095ā€]http://charlotte49ers.com/news/2017/9/25/football-lambert-makes-changes-to-coaching-staff.aspx

Well at least thereā€™s a sliver of hope now. I hope we can incorporate some more conventional runs into our game plan since heā€™s coming from an OL background.[/quote]

Mullen is still on the staff coaching the QBā€™s. Iā€™m all for the change at OC. However, if youā€™re going to make this kind of move, heā€™s got to be removed from the staff.[/quote]

Iā€™m sure the demotion was done to encourage Mullen to resign. If he doesnā€™t during the season, he most certainly will after it.

It seems like most of the time this has happened at other programs mid-season it is a demotion as well.

Iā€™m willing to be optimistic. I just want to see a guy that knows when to run it and knows when to throw it. Remember that with how our defense has played we are a competent OC away from being 3-1 right now.

I understand Lambert doesnā€™t have many levers to pull and was likely trying to appease an angry fanbase. I donā€™t know Adkins, so I donā€™t know what to expect. However, itā€™s a tad concerning that he has never been an OC before, and that he was OL coach for a line that has performed very poorly this year.

Iā€™ll put on my optimism hat and see what happens. Hopefully itā€™s not even worse than what we had. If he just recognizes that there is a middle of the field and institutes a more robust playbook and running game (mid season? gulp!) thatā€™d be helpful.

Read where we rank offensively at your own risk

If itā€™s true that we have no playbook and only 4 plays and variations of those plays, how does this change anything besides the sequencing of those calls? I wouldnā€™t think he has enough time in between games to install a new system.

But encouraging for Mullen to not be at the helm of the offense nonetheless.

[quote=ā€œmoss2k, post:7, topic:31095ā€]https://agent49.net/jeff-mullen-demoted-to-qb-coach/

Read where we rank offensively at your own risk[/quote]

I really enjoy reading these, you do some real solid work. Keep it up!

Those rankings of our offense is hard to swallow. I would assume it takes some time for the offence to adjust to Adkins style but I guess we will see soon. I hope they do reach out Robert Washington to see if things be fixed with him. God knows we canā€™t lose talent right now.

[quote=ā€œmoss2k, post:7, topic:31095ā€]https://agent49.net/jeff-mullen-demoted-to-qb-coach/

Read where we rank offensively at your own risk[/quote]

Excellent article.

Appreciate the kind words, guys.

Total Sham move in my opinion. Nothing will change in this scenario. Lambertā€™s crony taken care of through the year then they all should be gone anyway. Noticed nothing was mentioned about salary changes, etc.

BOWL BOUND BABY.

One thing I didnā€™t consider, I donā€™t think there is anyone else on staff with QB coaching experience. Letā€™s keep that in mind.

This is football, not brain surgery. Not much has changed about football play in oh say 50 years. This disaster is all on Lambert.

Iā€™m not sure if they can legally demote someone, salary-wise. If so, there might be a max reduction. I know several employers have policies like that here. He might be on a one-year contract and the money is already guaranteed. Just donā€™t know.

And I would put our QB play as our 2nd largest concern outside of play calling.

We need a new OCā€¦and we need a new QB coach.

We got bothā€¦but just shuffled the bad OC to QB coach and the bad QB coach to OC.

Not sure how excited I am about the move other than it was a move.

But I guess we canā€™t drain the swamp until after the season.

This is somewhere between what I thought would happen (nothing) and what the board wanted to happen (Two Men and a Truck pulling up to Mullenā€™s house). I suppose it is possible that Mullen is a decent coach that got promoted to his level of incompetence. Perhaps QB coach will be a good fit for him. Fingers crossed.

This looks like proof that the heat is on.

Iā€™m not sure if they can legally demote someone, salary-wise. If so, there might be a max reduction. I know several employers have policies like that here. He might be on a one-year contract and the money is already guaranteed. Just donā€™t know.[/quote]

They should have lowered his salary to 0. Mullen and Chris Ferguson should go set up a coaching school, get Alan Major to cut a nice piece of video of him clapping to play on the website.

Mr. Magoo would be their school mascot.