Affordable University Area Apartment?

Eh. U-Club is nice. I mean all these places around campus are constantly getting broken into etc...

I can think of a lot of words to describe U-Club, and nice isn’t one of them. But I am pretty biased, considering my neighbors got pistol whipped last Halloween. The apartments on Mallard Creek Ch. Road a little farther from campus (Berkley Place, Thornberry, Highlands, etc…) are a little more expensive, but are generally safer and quieter.

I think I ment Campus Edge

I can think of a lot of words to describe U-Club, and nice isn't one of them. But I am pretty biased, considering my neighbors got pistol whipped last Halloween. The apartments on Mallard Creek Ch. Road a little farther from campus (Berkley Place, Thornberry, Highlands, etc...) are a little more expensive, but are generally safer and quieter.

I too may be a little biased but in 2 years at U-Club: had my rims and tires stolen (yes I had locks), car broken into, saw neighbors cars broken into repeatedly, saw a guy get taken away in an ambulance from being beat down by 4 guys, neighbors had a home invasion, constant vandalism to cars etc. Also, the day after my wheels got stolen and my truck was sitting on cinderblocks, the manager and another guy rode by on a golf cart and made a joke about it while i was on the phone with my insurance company. Yeah for the money stay away.

I too may be a little biased but in 2 years at U-Club: had my rims and tires stolen (yes I had locks), car broken into, saw neighbors cars broken into repeatedly, saw a guy get taken away in an ambulance from being beat down by 4 guys, neighbors had a home invasion, constant vandalism to cars etc. Also, the day after my wheels got stolen and my truck was sitting on cinderblocks, the manager and another guy rode by on a golf cart and made a joke about it while i was on the phone with my insurance company. Yeah for the money stay away.

I might have stabbed my property manager.

Anyone ever lived in Colville?

UT. I own my place over here and they’ve done a lot of work recently. It used to be a little rough, but we have cameras and security and I haven’t really seen any problems in quite a while. Since they are individually owned, just like UT North quality varies from unit to unit. Some are ghetto. Some are nice, like my place with the nice pergo floors and tiled kitchen etc. My next door neighbors have the same stuff, nice tiles in the bathroom, new sink cabinets, etc.

I know there is probably a bad rep, but a lot of the units are pretty nice for the money.

[QUOTE=Hooner49;374158]Anyone ever lived in Colville?[/QUOTE]

I live there now, and I really like it. The walls to the outside are thin, and if you are a light sleeper the train may keep you up. We have a security guard at night who even comes and hangs out when we have people over! It’s a fun place to live, and like a 5 minute walk to campus.

I live there now, and I really like it. The walls to the outside are thin, and if you are a light sleeper the train may keep you up. We have a security guard at night who even comes and hangs out when we have people over! It's a fun place to live, and like a 5 minute walk to campus.

Thanks, I’ve heard some good stuff about Colville. The only thing that worries me is the housing behind it, but the 2 people I’ve talked to say they’ve never felt unsafe.

I lived in there 2 years ago and looked into living there again. When I lived there, it seemed to be about 30-40% students with the rest being owners or non-students. When I talked to a leaser about living there again this year, he said that a lot of them had been bought up by companies that specialize in leasing to students and almost exclusively lease to students now. Many of them have been completely renovated on the inside, I can only hope they soon do that with the siding. They replaced all the roofs when I lived there, so they are no more than 2 years old. Very convenient walk to campus unless you have a lot of classes in the research institute.