Akease Rankin - 2015 RB - verbally committed to Charlotte

I really like the type of student-athlete that the football coaches recruit. Outstanding!

^^^^

Yes, I think each of our coaching staffs have done a pretty good job overall with bringing in good young men and women.

I really hope this kid is a stud on the field. He could be great for our program moving forward. He’s a local player who is already doing big things off the field.

These highlights are sick! This guy was not stopped during the first 7 minutes of the 9 minute video. Its incredible for him to have so many similar long touchdown runs. He cuts well too. I hope he is not redshirted.

i doubt this dude redshirts. looks like he has speed, can break tackles and make cuts. very excited about this kid.

I think he will be redshirted unless we have an injury. The JUCO back that we signed I think will allow for this. We will have Phillips, Alexander,Duncan, JUCO and Rankin.

Agree.

I hope I’m wrong but there is nothing so far that suggest Alexander and Duncan are capable back ups at the FBS level. There is a reason we brought in the JUCO.

Makes me really frustrated Maetron couldn’t keep it together.

I hope I’m wrong but there is nothing so far that suggest Alexander and Duncan are capable back ups at the FBS level. There is a reason we brought in the JUCO.

Makes me really frustrated Maetron couldn’t keep it together.[/quote]

Exactly. Maetron had legit FBS speed. Would’ve been a great change of pace back this year. He burned us by flaming out.

I think having Benjamin Lemay arriving in 2016 will make it easier to pull the red-shirt on Rankin if we need hm next year.

Lemay and Rankin would make for a nice combo if we do RS Akease. We’d be in good shape at that position.

With our tempo, you need multiple starter caliber backs or you’ll wear them out. That’s why I was so excited to get the JUCO kid to share carries with Kalif.

Doubt we RS Akease. Too much talent and coaches don’t redshirt kids who can make impact.

Lots of talent. Had opportunity to talk and watch him all last summer in camps and covered 1-2 of his games. Solid combo of size and speed. Really determined runner with one cut ability. Very passionate about football. Enjoyed getting to know him, very nice kid. Very respectful.