Akeem Richmond - 2009

Just reading about Richmond on Projo.com as he made a visit to URI last week. According to Scout, we have yet to offer.

Scout.com: Akeem Richmond profile

ESPN.com: Akeem Richmond | PG

Rivals.com: Akeem Richmond profile

Hoopsreport.com: One On One with Akeem Richmond [NOTE: this interview is dated - April 2008]

BBSkills.com: Akeem Richmond

per espn.com from 2007

[QUOTE]Akeem is a top 125 player in the 2009 class nationally[/QUOTE]

per espn.com from 2007

It looks like he has taken a bit of fall in terms of the regard for him. I wonder what caused that.

says he averaged 30 per game in middle school, could have peaked soon.

per scout.com

[QUOTE]USF Coach Stan Heath continues to look for players that can help the Bulls score points. One that could fit that bill is Akeem Richmond, the second all-time leading scorer in North Carolina who is excited for his visit to Tampa.[/QUOTE]

Found this via a USF board…

"After I did so well at the Glaxco, I have been hearing from a lot of schools, over 20, [such as] UAB, Virginia, South Florida, Rhode Island, and a lot of others. So, I'm just very open right now," said Akeem via text message when I asked him for his school list. He claimed offers from schools such as Rhode Island, South Florida, Western Kentucky, East Carolina, UAB, and [b]Charlotte[/b], and added that Virginia was coming to watch him play, though he did stress that he is "wide open as of now."

Link: Northstarbball.com

@($@$&(&$ we need a good guard! I am afraid that we won’t get a good backup for Harris.

Im starting to want a combo guard in this class.

Why? Almost all the PGs are taken, and we lose Coleman, Ian, and Dijuan after the 09-10 season. Our backcourt in '10-'11 is Bowden and… ??? (That’s just 17 months away)

Let’s get a guy who can play either spot competently and chase an immediate starter caliber PG in the 2010 class.

Oh, and I don’t think you can have too much scoring in a Lutz offense. One thing we do is shoot the ball.

Im starting to want a combo guard in this class.

Why? Almost all the PGs are taken, and we lose Coleman, Ian, and Dijuan after the 09-10 season. Our backcourt in '10-'11 is Bowden and… ??? (That’s just 17 months away)

Let’s get a guy who can play either spot competently and chase an immediate starter caliber PG in the 2010 class.

Oh, and I don’t think you can have too much scoring in a Lutz offense. One thing we do is shoot the ball.

I’d be completely ok with any of this.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;390991]Im starting to want a combo guard in this class.

Oh, and I don’t think you can have too much scoring in a Lutz offense. One thing we do is shoot the ball.[/QUOTE]

I third this!

i just read that we are in the final four for this guy. it is between us, south florida, ecu and someone else. sounds like this guy is a big time scorer.

x

i just read that we are in the final four for this guy. it is between us, south florida, ecu and someone else. sounds like this guy is a big time scorer.
URI. And we've all offered. I read that he has been to a few of our games.

He was initially looking at Maryland, NC State, and Chapel Hill, which is weird he’s gone down so much over the past year, but I’m pretty sure he still scored like 800 points this past year. I read somewhere he finished with above 2800 I believe.

From his junior year from that interview…
"I scored 800 points and averaged 27.1ppg, 6.1apg, 4.1spg, and shot 47% from the field, and 98.6 percent from the free throw line.”

FT percentage is ridiculous

FT percentage is ridiculous

We can fix that.

Our backcourt in '10-'11 is Bowden and...... ????? (That's just 17 months away)

Barnette!!! :biggrin:

We can fix that.
:happy: It'd be nice to have a player that has a skill that can definitely transfer over into college. Heck 80%+ and it'd be better than the rest of our team.

Btw, Scout says we haven’t offered, but Rivals says we have

Btw, Scout says we haven't offered, but Rivals says we have

He’s a living, breathing point guard, so my guess is on Rivals being correct. :smile:

He's a living, breathing point guard, so my guess is on Rivals being correct. :smile:
From what I've read he's more of a SG or a combo guard, but yeah... I'd assume we have as well. We've offered to quite a few guards I believe... we just need to actually land one.

I’m intrigued by Richmond. Seemed to blossom early in middle school. Still is now the states leading scorer all-time, is that correct? If he can handle some PT at the PG and play along with Bowden as well. Good be a good tandem to have in Niner Green.